on 17 October 2014
I've found it's great for making pizzas with a nice crispy base. So much better than a regular pizza stone.
I start by making a fresh pizza dough for the base. Then place the pan on the stove on a medium heat. Onto which I place the rolled out dough and add the toppings. Place it all into the oven at 240C for approximately 5-10 minutes.
11 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2018
Takes a while to learn how to use it. Burned a fair few pizzas before I understood that it is best to finish them on here for a minute rather than cook them from raw.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2018
Great quality item, well packed with a warranty. Lovely customer service and good postage also.
Gets hotter quicker than ceramic baking stone, non stick, slightly curved underside that fits well on a gas burner. Versatile and hopefully will last me years. Thank you
on 6 March 2018
Bought this to make Welsh cakes and it works really well. I found cooking them around the perimeter worked best as those in the centre cooked too quickly. Have also used this to cook bread in the oven and it was amazing. The non stick surface seems to work really well without doing anything much to it. just wiped it over, then a quick coat of butter. This is the second Bakestone I have bought. We had one in the family for many, many years but no one knew where it went when my grandmother passed. I missed her welsh cakes so bought my own but it was hopeless. Everything burned and didn't cook through. I decided to have another go and bought this and I am pleased I did as it is perfect for my purpose.
on 30 August 2017
Really happy with this purchase! It was excellent value and is very good quality - thick metal and it is definitely proving to be non stick.. Only had it for a week but it's been used to cook both Welsh cakes and crumpets on my gas hob so far. Much, much easier than cooking them in the frying pan which is what I've been doing for years!
on 14 September 2015
We have a traditional bake stone in the family that is over 100years old and this is just as good!
Ordered as I am moving out and want my own to be able to bake on, mainly Welshcakes. Does require a bit of patience to get the temperature right but other than that it is how you would expect it to be. Only thing to point out is that it is not flat it has a concave shape..which doesn't matter to baking Welshcakes but should imagine it would have an effect if you were cooking flat breads etc.
very heavy also which is good as I imagine it will be long lasting...maybe 100 years like our original one!
2 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2018
Don't forget to oil before first use - otherwise will go rusty! I used a tiny bit of coconut oil. I re-oil after I washing it, to make sure it last as long as possible. Good idea to make it concave. We use it as an alternative to a toaster, and also as cup & plate warmer.
on 22 January 2018
Perfect size, easy to use and will most likely outlive me because it's very sturdy !!! Brilliant seller who keep their customers informed from ordering the item to the moment of delivery !!!!
on 4 August 2015
This is a solid item, substantial and heavy. I haven't given it 5 stars partly because it's slightly crude and rough (some may regard this as charming rather than a problem) but also because it's not completely flat, and while that will be fine for scones and solid things like that I am not certain how well the curved surface will cope with more liquid things like crumpets. But this is just an uncertainty - I have not yet made any to check if this problem is a real one. Incidentally, it works fine on an induction hob.
on 26 March 2017
Arrived on time .bought to replace my old one as I could not use it on my new induction hob,it is not completely flat so does not sit well on the hob, will take some practice to get temperature right I think
|11 Comment|Report abuse