- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £4.95 UK delivery
Ancol - Padded Nylon Dog Car Harness - Size - Large
|Price:||£12.32 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£4.13 (25%)|
- With attachment that fits directly into seatbelt socket
- Larger padded area for extra comfort
- Lightweight but strong
- The larger surface area helps tp spread the mass in the event of an emergency stop or accident
- TO FIT 53-89cm (measure dog behind front legs, around chest and over shoulders)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The Ancol car harness is strong and lightweight with padded chest area for extra comfort. The larger surface area helps to spread the mass of the dog in case of an emergency stop. The seat belt fits directly into the cars OEM seat belt socket. Fully adjustable strap allows a comfortable seating or standing position for your dog.
1 x Dog Car Harness
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I have uploaded a video of them both on lead an using these harnesses.
The harness I received has only one fastener buckle around the dog's chest (the current image shows the old model with two fastener buckles). The shoulder straps are adjustable, and so is the chest strap, though adjusting the chest strap is very fiddly as you have to feed the buckle through the padded chest piece and it doesn't slide through easily. The straps are also narrower than our old harness which isn't so good for comfort; however, once adjusted they don't seem to be rubbing or digging in. I would recommend checking carefully for sore spots, especially if your dog is walking around in this harness (we mostly just use it for travelling).
The sizing is smaller than you might expect. This 'large' harness fits our labrador puppy who weighs around 20kg, with some room for expansion (the straps are about halfway expanded at the moment). The 'medium' (old design) is slightly too small for her. I'm thinking the 'large' would probably only just fit an average adult labrador, and wouldn't risk buying this for a larger dog unless you can try it on first or be sure you can return it for a full refund.
The seat belt strap is the sort with a loop - not as convenient as the type that clicks into the seat belt socket - you fasten the seat belt and clip the loop around it. When the dog moves about, the seatbelt will extend allowing them to move around the car more than you might like. (You can buy a click-in seat belt connecter very cheaply e.g. PetGear by Happy Pet Dog Seat Belt but be warned that these don't work on certain models of car e.g. some Volvos.)
Overall this is a decent harness, and once adjusted it works well for my dog. However, I am disappointed in the new design, and would recommend checking the sizing and maybe ordering a size larger than you would expect.
However the harness itself is very good.
Most recent customer reviews