- Paperback: 532 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford (5 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199656932
- ISBN-13: 978-0199656936
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 2.8 x 15.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,686,215 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Ancient Dancer in the Modern World: Responses to Greek and Roman Dance Paperback – 5 Jul 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Classical reception is much indebted to this much anticipated collection of critical dance history in theatre. (Zachary Dubar, New Theatre Quarterly) --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Fiona Macintosh became Director of the Archive of Performances of Greek and Roman Drama in January 2010, after ten years as Senior Research Fellow. In 2008 she was made Reader in Greek and Roman Drama. She is currently Supernumerary Fellow of St Hilda's College and University Lecturer in the Reception of Greek and Roman Literature. She is author of Dying Acts: Death in Ancient Greek and Modern Irish Tragic Drama (1994; 1995), Greek Tragedy and the British Theatre 1660-1914 (Oxford University Press; 2005), and Sophocles' 'Oedipus Tyrannus' (2009). She has co-edited numerous APGRD publications: Dionysus Since 69 (with Edith Hall and Amanda Wrigley) (Oxford University Press; 2004), Agamemnon in Performance 458BC to AD2005 (with Pantelis Michelakis, Edith Hall, and Oliver Taplin) (Oxford University Press; 2005).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory > Modernism
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Dance > Classical
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism