on 21 July 2014
I've just returned this book to Amazon. I will agree that this looks like a nicely presented and very readable book; however there are very many more references to the all too absent DVD in the book than there are to the multi media website. To get the best out of this book you would definitely need to have the supporting DVD which you can now purchase for the astounding price of £182.70 (on Amazon). I agree with a previous review, that this is blatant greed, especially when the 2nd edition came with the DVD. Good book or not I'm not prepared to support this type of merchandising!
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2007
I was first introduced to Tom Myers work through Elizabeth Bussey, a brilliant Polestar Pilates educator during my training with her. Had I not experienced it first I would have found it difficult to understand the Anatomy trains principle...simply because my understanding of anatomy was through the habit of isolating Muscle function. This version is far more functional and appeals to anyone interested in movement and Myofascial meridians. It's helped enormously in improving my understanding of movement and has made it easier for me to communicate it when teaching clients. I would recommend this to anyone who works as a body worker or movement practitioner... I would have given it a 5 star rating except that I feel the layout could be better.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2017
Not that great a book, as difficult to read and just appears way to long. Fundamentally I think it could be shortened to 1/5th of its length. Haven't read as a result (tried to). These trains are simply what the Chinese Acupuncturists call the sinew channels and you can explain these in a paragraph or two with probably a chapter to go into much more depth (even than this entire book). As a result whilst credit due to Thomas Myers for rediscovering the wheel, this book now feels unnecessary and lacks the charm that would make you want to read it anyway.
on 19 January 2017
Great book, highly recommended
on 19 July 2016
this is an amazing book - an excellent resource for anyone studying anatomy
on 13 March 2017
an excellent book, well used
on 25 August 2017
Very interesting and useful book - better than the kindle version.
on 12 June 2015
Excellent book - still studying but helps with adjustments and knowing what part of the body moves where
on 20 April 2015
A fantastic read. Myers has the curiosity and patience of a scientist, as well as a passion for the healing possibilities his theory offers.
on 8 August 2016