- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Anatomy of Thought-Fiction Paperback – 28 Jul 2017
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Glam Rock and Its Legacy: Focused on music, but with implications that extend to just about everything, Anatomy of Thought-Fiction explores the role of false ideas in our intellectual and emotional life. Joanna Demers elegant monograph (or should that be polygraph?) softly shatters myths and tenderly takes apart received wisdom. Yet this cluster-bomb of a book also leaves the reader convinced that illusions arent just useful, theyre indispensable: a thought at once unsettling and liberating. --Simon Reynolds, Author of Retromania and Shock and Awe
About the Author
Joanna Demers is associate professor of Musicology at the University of Southern California's Thornton School of Music, where she specializes in post1945 popular and art music.