Anatomy & Physiology: The Unity of Form and Function Hardcover – 1 Feb 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Author
A uniquely engaging textbook of human anatomy & physiology.
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY: THE UNITY OF FORM AND FUNCTION is a college textbook written primarily for nursing and allied health majors. Unlike others in this field, it takes a more humanistic approach to the subject by including poignant biographical and historical vignettes that bring life to the science. While other anatomy and physiology texts pay little regard to the evolutionary origins of human form and function, this book includes evolutionary interpretations of topics ranging from bipedalism to the sweet tooth, from hypertension to menopause. Illustrated by a team of medical illustrators at the Observatory Group of Cincinnati, this book sets a new standard for medical illustration at the undergraduate level. Even in its first three weeks on the market, this book had several colleges and universities dropping other leading textbooks in midcourse and ordering this in their place. Check it out for yourself and see why. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Kenneth S. Saladin is a full professor at Georgia College and State University. He obtained his B.S. degree in Zoology from Michigan State University and his Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Florida State University. He has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses for over twenty years.
Top customer reviews
Book is great though!!
I knowingly ordered a used copy of the book, so I will not comment on the condition of it, as each copy will be different.
Saladin's works on Anatomy and Physiology have for many years been an essential element of medical science and engineering learning, this edition in particular appealed to me, as it was recommended very highly by my professors.
Overall, the book is well structured, starts with the basics of body organisation (as would be expected from any anatomy textbook) and progressed through near everything required to score a very high mark on any anatomy module.
- High quality book, incredible writing style and clear diagrams to aid learning.
- Core text for any student of Medicine/Biomedicine/Medical Engineering/Anatomy or indeed the reader interested in learning about the functions and processed of the human body.
- Dense book, very heavy, thus difficult to carry in a bag!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pre-clinical Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z