- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 10 edition (7 Jan. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321743059
- ISBN-13: 978-0321743053
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 2.3 x 26.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
869,456 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #255 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Study & Revision Guides
- #1104 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- #1194 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- See Complete Table of Contents
Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Workbook: A Complete Study Guide Paperback – 7 Jan 2011
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
For Elaine N. Marieb, R.N., Ph.D., taking the needs of nursing and other allied health students into account has always been an integral part of her teaching style. Dr. Marieb began her teaching career at Springfield College, where she taught anatomy and physiology to physical education majors. She then joined the faculty of the Biological Science Division of Holyoke Community College in 1969 after receiving her Ph.D. in zoology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. While teaching at Holyoke Community College, Dr. Marieb pursued her nursing education, which culminated in a Master of Science degree with a clinical specialization in gerontology from the University of Massachusetts. This experience, along with continual feedback from health care professionals (including generations of former students taught by Dr. Marieb), has inspired the unique perspective and accessibility for which this book is known.
Dr. Marieb’s commitment to students extends beyond teaching and writing. Recognizing the challenges students face, Dr. Marieb contributes to the New Directions Program at Holyoke Community College by funding a staffed drop-in center and by providing several full-tuition scholarships each year for women who are returning to college after a hiatus or attending college for the first time. She also funds the E. N. Marieb Science Research Awards at Mount Holyoke College (which promotes research by undergraduate science majors) and has underwritten renovation and updating of one of the biology labs in Mount Holyoke's Clapp Laboratory. Recognizing the severe national shortage of nursing faculty, Dr. Marieb also underwrites the Nursing Scholars of the Future Grant Program at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
In 1994, Dr. Marieb received the Benefactor Award from the National Council for Resource Development, American Association of Community Colleges, which recognizes her ongoing sponsorship of student scholarships, faculty teaching awards, and other academic contributions to Holyoke Community College. In May 2000, the science building at Holyoke Community College was named in her honor.
Dr. Marieb is an active member of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Additionally, while actively engaged as an author, Dr. Marieb serves as a consultant for the Benjamin Cummings Interactive Physiology® CD-ROM series. This text–Anatomy & Physiology Coloring Workbook, Tenth Edition–is the latest expression of her commitment to the needs of the students pursuing the study of A&P.
When not involved in academic pursuits, Dr. Marieb is a world traveler and has vowed to visit every country on this planet. Shorter term, she serves on the board of directors of the famed Marie Selby Botanical Gardens and on the scholarship committee of the Women’s Resources Center of Sarasota County. She is an enthusiastic supporter of the local arts and enjoys a competitive match of doubles tennis.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pre-clinical Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Study & Revision Guides
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies