Customer reviews

on 19 February 2016
Much more interesting than I had anticipated, with a careful study of the rules that make up the fabric of an ordered society. It's not his fault that the interpretation became too rigid. as happens.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 May 2015
how can I review this, it is what it is, a classic of Oriental philosophy. Even if you prefer Daoism this is still worth a read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2009
There are lots of famous quotations and many are thought provoking and profound. Confucius is of course one of the most famous.
For me,the great value of this book lies in the learned introduction which showed me a new way to read Confcius and understand more the philosphy of the Chinese and the different way we use language.
I am not a scholar but am intersted in philosophy and the book has shown me a treasure chest of thoughts to revel in.