on 26 January 2016
This book presents a challenge and a method of rising to it. The method seems laborious but I think will pay dividends. Not a lot in the way of humour but then it isn't a funny subject in these days of Biblical illiteracy.
on 26 April 2014
This is a good guide for maybe new christian's or those who need helping in preparing a helpful routine. This is not preachy or condemning but a very valuable guide. The book is short so it doesn't drag on and you can get straight into studying scriptures because it also is very encouraging about the reasons we all should be doing this, he explains its not just for our own spiritual benefit but for that of the church and others.
on 30 July 2016
It also has a good introduction to give the biblical reasons for making the time and effort to getting God's word into our minds and hearts, which is what God wants us to do. If you're reading this then you're probably already thinking about doing so! and I would encourage you to have a go, asking for God's help. I find it really hard but also really beneficial, and I find that God is quick to help me do it, and to have a greater understanding of the passage I'm memorising.
on 30 June 2014
Not sure what E Willis read. The contents of this book itself is far from brainwashing. The book serves its title well as a book to give Christians structure in learning the Bible. The hardest part when memorising scripture is knowing how to start (what book to memorise, how much each day etc), so this book is good at providing help in this area. It also gives reasons for why we should memorise scripture. One criticism I would make is it is too perscriptive. If you think you need to repeat the days verse 20 times rather than 10 then thats fine, but I don't feel this book is clear enough here. The need to memorise scripture is great, so come on Christians!
on 19 November 2014
I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to get deeper into Scripture and everyone wants to try a different approach to reading the Bible. It is condensed very encouraging and practical read.
on 7 October 2014
Read it as soon as I downloaded it and was motivated to start right away. Follow this book as a step by step guide and it works!
on 1 April 2015
An excellent short book to encourage Scripture memorising. Requires a BIG commitment!
on 14 November 2014
A basic, common sense approach to familiarising oneself with the Word. Memorising Scripture is of the utmost importance to witnessing, the fight against evil, and spiritual growth.
on 21 May 2014
An excellent wee book that has certainly made me consider memorising more of the Bible. No more excuses! I'm away to get started........
on 14 August 2015
This book is ok if you like learning by rote but it has given me an idea how to memorise scripture