on 2 March 2017
A lovely book. The world is a better place with people like daphne in it. We should all follow her example.
on 10 September 2017
Uncle Ron worked with DAVID in Tsavo National Park. He too was dedicated to the cause of raising wildebeest Willy &Impala Sally. The best was lion cub Prince who much to our disgust was shipped to Edinburgh Zoo at aged 2years. Regards to Daphne I am Ron Jolley niece
on 15 April 2017
great
on 29 September 2017
Brought this book as a gift for my mum who loved it.
on 31 July 2017
The author takes you on such a vivid journey describing her life amidst the most beautiful animals of Africa, that i almost feel i was there with her every step of the way.
on 22 August 2017
Wonderful book having visited the Nairobi elephant orphanage daphne sheldricks story is so interesting
on 16 October 2017
A heart warming story. I loved it!
on 30 March 2012
Having fallen in love with Africa 2 years on a trip to Tanzania, I was some what shy from reading another persons love story with the continent as thoughts of possible doubt would crept into my mind. But after reading this book I not only have fallen in love with Africa more, but now also Daphne herself. She is a beautiful writer and has a magnificent style, which I can only be jealous of.
The book could be mistaken for an epic novel with a life full of authors dreams and thoughts, but instead it is one of the most stunning and interesting biographic stories I have had the pleasure of reading.

5 stars!
10/10
100%
on 3 April 2015
I am an avid reader but no book has ever affected me like Daphne Sheldrick's African Love Story, it will stay in my thoughts forever and since reading it I have been keenly involved in campaigning against the ivory trade.
It's a beautifully written story, sometimes very amusing and funny and other times very moving and sad; it made me want to visit Kenya, to work with elephants, to meet Daphne and the team at Tsavo which isn't going to happen of course but that's how it made me feel. As an animal lover, I loved Daphne's descriptions of their exotic pets and the various elephants, rhino's etc which came into their care, I have to say though, (and I really don't want to put you off), no book ever made me cry so much.
I can't recommend this book more, please read it.
on 16 October 2017