Customer reviews

Amy Butler's Little Stitches
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£13.25

on 14 June 2012
I was very excited to be buying my first Amy Butler book. But have been left very disapointed and some what dizzy, from all the patterns used in the book.
It's a great show case for her many fabrics, but I found the projects boring and instructions rather unclear. There is not one project for me in this book. I have many other sewing books, and this falls far from them.
Not very inspiring.
on 21 March 2010
This book is a delight. The projects are lovely and most of them I wanted to make at once. I have sewn 3 items so far: the booties, the empire waist top and the peaked cap. I have made each of these more than once and they have all turned out really well. The instructions are clear and comprehensive and there is an envelope attached with paper patterns for each project. The book is spiral bound so it stays open when you are working from it. The only downside? Both my children are now over 1 and all the patterns are for under 1s. Still, some are not too hard to re-size and my niece is benefitting from the patterns now too. Thoroughly recommended.
on 29 May 2009
This is a book full of fun project for young moms or grandma's.Also lovely ideas for making gifts for babies.
I have shown this book to a lot of people and they all loved the ideas in the book.
You may have to look over the very individual fabric choises( he writers own collection) because they are rather special and non traditional childrens fabric.
on 15 March 2010
Great book with lots of inspirational pattern. Even though there are patterns labelled for beginners, you do need to have some experience with sewing and reading patterns. Also, many of the terminology is American and can sometimes be slightly confusing. You can download some conversion tables from Amy Butler's website - eg interfacing guide with American, European and Australian equivalents. Check out Amy's website for supplementary material and notes.

If you can get Amy Butler fabrics, it is even better. (For Londoners - John Lewis Oxford Street and Liberty on Regent Street stock some Amy Butler fabrics).
on 24 October 2011
this book is wonderful, i saw it reviewed on a blog once, and thought i'd buy it.
and i really enjoyed it! lots of lovely things to make, patterns for cut out and use!
the fabrics they have used to make the items are wonderful!

i don't think it's a good book for someone starting to sew as some of the instructions are rather
difficult to understand!

overall, i give this book 5/5 for it's brilliant quality, contents and wonderful layout.
on 13 July 2009
This book was perfect for what I needed, although the instructions were not quite as straight forward for beginners as I thought and I am not a beginner!
on 8 June 2009
My mum asked me to buy this book for her to sew from. It is divided into different sections, eg nursery, with patterns for different things - clothes (there is a very cute pair of fabric shoes!), soft toys, and practical things like nappy bags, blankets etc. This book is nice if you are looking for some more modern designs for baby sewing.
on 11 January 2010
This is a nice book and lovely patterns, but its very american, I havent sewn anything from it yet but I can see myself having trouble finding things like fusible thermolam, and pellon print and create cotton sheeting.
nevertheless I'm sure I can find some alternatives somehow.
Its also worth noting that the patterns only go up to 12 months... no toddler sizes here(well it is a baby book!, but I was hoping perhaps there would be something for my toddler)
I prefered the layout of her 'in stitches' book, with this one I'm flicking back and forth to see the pictures and the pattern and I don't like that! (personal preference)
on 20 February 2013
Nice and easy explanations
Well organise and very useful
Lovely images. Ideal for new moms and grandmothers.
Great way to start showing thing for your baby
on 8 September 2012
I bought this book for a friends birthday as she is really into sewing children's clothes. She said she was keen to get started so I guess that's a win?