Op Amp Applications Handbook (Analog Devices Series) Paperback – 15 Dec 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“This practical handbook not only teaches the basic fundamentals of op amps, it also covers various op amp application areas in great detail. This is not a cookbook of circuit designs, but rather a book to learn how the circuit and amplifiers actually function. Circuit designers, electrical engineers, instrumentation engineers, or electrical engineering students, will find this to be a very useful and practical reference book on op amps and their application.
― IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
“Although the book features contributions from a number of sources over many years, it does not fall into the discontinuity trap like so many compilations. It is very structured and readable, and the information flows smoothly from one chapter to the next - a tribute to the editor, Walt Jung.
This book is a thorough study of operational amplifiers and covers in depth just about every application you can think of. It replaces half a shelf of my hitherto favorite texts and it is destined to become a standard work. I can heartily recommend it.
― John W. Wood, Electronics World, December 2005
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It isn't a cookbook, although it does include many useful concrete design examples. It is more of an applications problem-solving guide. I've often found that some of the most useful op amp design information is buried in specific device datasheets and application notes, and have often found myself wishing someone would extract all of those nuggets, organize them, fill in the gaps, and publish them. As I read through this book, I found many such nuggets (primarily derived from Analog Devices' datasheets and app notes), which I had previously regarded as hidden treasure, uncovered only by tedious slogging through numerous datasheets. This is not, however, a re-packaging of previously published app notes. The chapters are comprehensive, well-written, and well-integrated.
Those interested in audio applications may remember that the original edition of the author's Op Amp Cookbook contained an extremely useful chapter on audio circuits. In the second edition, this material was extracted and published in a separate book, which (unfortunately) went out of print and has become hard to find. You will be happy to note that the new Applications Handbook has excellent coverage of audio op amp applications and design principles.
For those on a short budget, like me: you can download it for FREE from the Analog Devices website on a chapter by chapter base or zipped (17 MB), in PDF format. BTW, you can also download "Designer's Guide to Instrumentation Amplifiers " for FREE from AD's website.
Anyone interested in analog circuit design in general, and op amps in particular will enjoy this book. It is a good reference for any engineer's bookshelf.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Industrial Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering