Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£27.99|
Save £1.40 (5%)
The Jews Among Pagans and Christians in the Roman Empire Kindle Edition
|Length: 221 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Underlying the authors' interpretation is the market place model of religion in which different religions compete against each other for recognition and influence. It is claimed, 'the Judaism from which Christianity was born was far from monolithic and already part of the Gaeco-Roman world'. This is clear from the existence of Pharisees with their emphasis on the law and the atheistic Sadducees which means the author is stating the obvious rather than introducing anything new. Jewish identity has traditionally been depicted as isolationist. Fergus Millar claims Jewish history reveals co-existence as well as conflict with some Jews adhering to Christian and Jewish values.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > Religious History > Judaism
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History & Culture
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Ancient
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism