Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 January 2006
I am faily new to crystal therapy and now practice this on friends & family. Being keen to learn new ideas & perspectives, and having a lot of respect for the American Indian, I purchased this book.
This gives a unique insight into how to first respect, then how to use crystals. It is written very clearly and easily understood. Each section is thought provoking and gives a clearer picture of crystals, but you realise you are also examining yourself as you read this.
I would highly recommend this for any that have any kind of interest in crystals, for interest or profession. There are parts within this book that I wish I had read sooner.
I am highly delighted with this and will use it as a guide for how I progress with my crystal journey.
11 comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2003
I love this book, mainly because of the respect shown for the Mineral Kingdoom and the essential information on the user of Crystals being a developed Healed Healer - to use Crystals in their work, healers should be very aware of the Power and Energy of these Stones, this book places the importance of Healers awareness of the responsibility of using this type of energy in Healing others - A wonderful book so full of information so easy to read no "Gobledeegook" or "Speak" just plain English. An essential read for anyone interested in the Mineral Kindood or Sacred Healing practices.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2011
I am a long -time student of crystal healing and complementary therapies, and a trained nurse, I am a very open minded pagan, this book though is the biggest load of drivel I have ever read, some of it dangerous i.e the authour implies that it is to drive fast and carelessly because he has an amythest in his car, in the next breath discussing the grief of a man who had lost his family because of a careless driver.

The authour makes ridiculous claims such as that we would all be wiped out by aliens were it not for the likes of him and his friends ( non of whom are actually Native American) communicating with these beings (who are able to see and watch us through crystals apparently) and negotiating a little more time for us mere mortals to get our act together.

Also erronious claims about many aspects of human physiology and crystal properties all of which have been 'proven' in lab. experiments by his followers (what do you know they are all apparently scientists as well as alien communicators and born again native Americans)

My cousin is full blood Cherokee (this is where he claims this knowledge to have come from) and he thought the same as me-this man is crazy, and full of lies, don't buy this book if you are looking for useful information on crystals and their theraputic value.
88 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2004
This book has opened door`s in my mind and I am never going to close. I have an affinity with the Native American Indians. Their knowledge on Spirituality, crystals and the whole concept of life itself is remarkable. This book has enlightened me beyond belief and I shall treasure it and read it over and over.
I was actually searching for a crystal book for a friend when I noticed" The Secrets of Crystal Healing" book and it is the best book I have ever bought. I keep looking to see if Luc Bourgault has written a follow up to it. If he wrote a hundered books I would buy them all.Brilliant, Fantastic... there are no word`s to describe it..
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2006
I am halfway through this book and loving it, there is so much information in there that is new to me. It has made me rethink the way I use my crystals, for decorative, magical and therapeutic use. What I love most is the way it makes you respect the crystals and their powers. If you are interested in finding out more about crystals, read this book first.
on 20 January 1998
Written from the perspective of Mother Earth, this book covers the basics of crystals and their use and care. At times, against traditional teaching, but I feel this is a truer path than the others I have read and used.
on 17 May 1999
The author clearly states the importance of self clarity in one's work with crystals. He quides and encourages the reader in personal and mystical paths. Luc Bourgault shares his knowledge and love of all living elements, programming the book as carefully as he guides readers in the programming of crystal work. Well done.
on 11 July 2007
After reading the many reviews of the book I decide to throw caution to the wind and purchase the book. I am so glad that I did. It is an extremely informative book. We take so much for granted what is below our feet. This book truly makes you think about Mother Earth and how we should treat her. If you needed to buy a book to make you understand the life in Crystals BUY THIS BOOK first. You wont regret it and it will make you understand this planet our mother Earth.
on 28 September 2008
I'd wanted to read this for ages and settled down eagerly, but was disappointed, mainly with his dogmatic attittude. I'm glad I hadn't bought it as I really struggled with it.
on 11 February 2009
As a Crystal Therapist, this book has answered alot of question's for me, as I have lots of book's on crystal's and how to use them, aswell as there healing properties, but this book is so addictive and informative.

Anybody intrested in crystal therapy should definetly have this book in their collection. As crystal's are produced by Mother Earth and should be treated with respect as they are living mineral's.

While reading this book I had this urge to jump on a plane and attend one of Luc's worshop's, as I'm hungry to find out more of his tradition's.

This book will keep you wanting to know more. Well I do!