Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 4 July 2017
This is a great value box set of what is, for me, the best adult animated comedy (but that's a matter of taste, and I'm reviewing the box set itself, not the series). The discs are contained in a robust, user-friendly hard plastic case, which is inside the outer box. They are divided into 'volumes', which don't exactly correspond to the seasons as shown - and one or two episodes are out of order, for some reason. These are the unedited versions - unlike those broadcast on television, these have un-bleeped swearing, and occasional frontal nudity(!).
on 3 October 2016
recently started watching this & its actually pretty funny. i still prefer family guy but american dad is now my 2nd favrite programme
on 29 April 2017
My son loves this series, he, now introduced me to American Dad and made me a fan.
on 8 March 2017
Great all round
Fast despatch
on 10 March 2014
Whilst this box set is amazing value for money, it should be noted that season 8 is on NTSC DVDs, only seasons 1 through 7 are PAL (at least that is how my box set was configured). I thought I'd share that as I thought they were all PAL when I purchased this, still, it's excellent value for money. This isn't a problem for me because they seem to play fine on my standard PS3 slim, but I assume not all PS3s, bluray or DVD players are built the same!? Maybe check your player before buying. The boxset is just one giant rigid plastic folder with many DVD 'pages', no inlays or anything fancy, only an outer cardboard sleeve. It would make a nice present, but it doesn't go the extra mile in comparison to other box sets, still, I guess that's reflected in the low price. As for the episodes, well, you wouldn't be here reading this if you thought they were anything less than awesome! Pure genius, with some extra features and deleted scenes. Buy it, watch it, quote it, watch it again, watch it with friends, spread the word, American Dad is the best! You won't regret it I promise! I hope there are many more seasons to look forward to in the future...!
on 19 February 2015
American Dad Vol 1-8 is a fantastic product but I bought it from cex for £30 but it is actually, Seasons 1-7 because, Season 1 actually consists of 23 episodes but fox has split it into two volumes and season 1 ending ep is actually tears of a Clooney witch is found on volume 2 disc 2

Season 2 begins at camp refoogee and ends on joint custody volume 3 disc 2

season 3 Begin's with the ep the vacation too and ends on the ep spring break - up witch is found on volume 4 disc 2

and season 4 begin's with the 1600 candles and ends on the the ep Stan's night out which is found on volume 5 disc 3

Season 5 begin's with the ep in country... Club which is found on volume 6 and end's with the ep great space roaster also on volume 6.

Season 6 is volume 7 and season 7 is volume 8.
Hope this helps someone.
on 25 April 2014
No need to review the show - it's utterly fantastic. My annoyance is directed at the way it has been falsely packaged.

It is called Volume 1 to 8 but BUYER BEWARE - this does not mean series/season 1 to 8. The box set is series/season 1 to 7. I'm a bit annoyed by this deception as the episode list is not listed in the DVD information either.
on 18 January 2016
American Dad is a great series. Just as funny as Family guy and a excellent price for 8 seasons.
on 12 October 2016
This was such a cheap bargain and such a funny show. One heck of a lot of tv in this set
on 26 August 2013
Love American Dad as a series, think its brilliant. Got the boxset for my birthday, and i love it! I thought it would be like previous volume boxsets, in the way that 2 volumes are in 1 box together, but its in a giant box, in stacks of the DVDs. the artwork is brilliant and looks even better in real life, looks so defined and HD, brilliant, love it.