Customer reviews

on 12 October 2017
Whilst not being the cheapest hair product, it is the best I have ever tried to date. My hairdresser recommended it saying steer clear of Petroleum based waxes / gels etc as they stick to the hair follicle and even shampooing does not wash them out properly.

I have been using this for a few weeks - whilst allowing me to mold my hair (tussled look) it also leaves my hair feeling soft and it looks different; The rock hard / stiff look has disappeared, and it just looks more natural. When I wash my hair, it feels soft and the Fiber putty comes out easily.

It's got a nice orangy smell too. I wold highly recommend this and will continue to buy it - the tub will easily last a month, as you can use it sparingly with great effects.
on 25 October 2017
I can only imagine that anyone giving this above 3 stars has not used a hair product before. I have got thick medium length hair and thought that this product would give a natural hold to my luscious locks. I was mistaken. Worse product so far I have used in my journey of hairstyling. Didn’t hold anything and made my hair so greasy I looked like Johnny T. Difficult to do anything with and believe me I tried to make use out of this tub. Small pea amount recommended on directions of use but unless you have three hairs on your head, it is not going to go far. Look elsewhere, possibly layrite or uppercut.
on 22 July 2017
Its got a fairly good hold and has advantage of being fairly easy to remould. But it's slow to apply and leaves a very tacky feeling in your hair which is unpleasant to the touch and smells a bit on the chemical side. Don't get me wrong it's not bad but I personally didn't find it that great either.
on 20 January 2017
I was expecting a bit more from this product after so many good reviews. Probably because my hair is very thin..
on 20 February 2017
It seems there are two versions of the product, one with an extremely attractive smell and another with a plain smell - this one was the latter. Although excellent forming product, a small quantity on towel dried hair works magic.
on 20 January 2017
Works brilliantly with short, fine hair.
on 5 August 2017
Have been using American Crew Fiber for about 5-6 years now, once in a while I try something else (based on a fair amount of online research) but nothing comes close and I end up going back to American Crew Fiber - good strong hold and matt finish. I have fairly thick hair and when I get it cut I have a grade 2 on the back/sides and choppy on top
on 1 March 2017
i find works very well with shorter, thinner hair. quality product, smells nice.
on 6 January 2017
Good stuff keeps my hair in place, with a light hold
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2016
Easily the best thing for my hair. Does a good job of stopping it look stupidly fluffy without being too obvious. I like the texture and smell too but most of this is subjective, rendering reviews of products like this rather superfluous...