The American Conservation Movement: John Muir and His Legacy Paperback – 30 Jun 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Stephen Fox is an independent scholar who lives in Massachusetts. He has written such highly praised books as "The Mirror Makers: A History of American Advertising and Its Creators" and "Blood and Power: Organized Crime in Twentieth-Century America."
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I feel he captures the spirit of Muir in a way no other author I have read does, and in doing so gets to the very heart of conservationism. Anyone who is interested in Muir, conservationism, or simply wonders what all the "green", "sustainable", and environmental stuff is all about will no doubt gain immensely from reading this book. In addition to being a thoroughly researched and comprehensive historical work, Fox's writing style is approachable and thought-inspiring. Great Read!
Like the other reviewer I find Fox's writing not only informative, but enjoyable. He writes as if he were writing a novel. He talks about people who are the movement. I'm finding out things about Muir that I'd never known.
Great book. Should have a much wider readership for its topic, conservation, it's focus, Muir, and it enjoyment.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > History
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Resources Management
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment