on 15 September 2015
This is an unbiased review.

This is a superb cable some manufacturers offer a flimsy lightweight and often low quality cables. However Amazon basics is synonymous with quality and this is no exception.

The heads of the cables are firm thick plastic with absolutely no sign of warping and are so robust that I’m sure will last the test time.

The cable itself is clad in thick rubber which was not as flexible as some models does provide extra protection and robustness. As a further benefit of the cable is very unlikely to kink due to its thickness.

Where the cable meets the head there is a very secure joy of found that some cables come loose at this point whether this model shows no sign of this likely to happen.

I replaced an older model with this new cable and I have to say there are no more dropouts on my phone thanks to this cable. Now able to get the highest amount of data throughput.

I would say that given the price there is nothing comparable for the type of quality you have here go ahead and buy one not be disappointed
on 7 December 2015
Bought to replace the pathetic cable (that was too short) provided with an otherwise excellent External Hard-Drive from Transcend.
What can I say? It's quality. It does the job. It's a firm cable but flexible enough to be manipulated as needed.
If I was trying to describe it's texture and diameter in a more helpful way using a comparison, I would say it's not dissimilar in feel and size/width to a Patch/Ethernet cable (without the worry of kinking, obviously).
As with other Amazon Basics products, it's excellent.
on 6 November 2014
These are really belting cables, and really well put together. Unfortunately, maybe a little TOO well put together for what I wanted: they are really thick, bulky and heavy, so if you want to use them to charge your phone while you're using it, they are both cumbersome, and they are probably going to end up knackering your charge port over time.
on 21 February 2015
I use this to connect a USB external storage (made by Wd) to my iMac- and the performance is very impressive. I have not measured, but it seems just a quick as the tiny 30cm cable that was included with my drive. It seems well made, easy to use and I have had no problems at all since purchasing a few months ago. Great item.
on 6 October 2014
Great until it doesn't want to stay connected. have it now for half a year to charge my phone, but it doesn't stay "clicked" in place anymore, the slightest movement dislodges it. while my other USB cable works fine and it happens to any device I use.

Don't recommend this for charging or connecting items that get unplugged often, if you do expect the need for some tape to keep it plugged in, even if you downgrade the cable to Desktop Hard drive cable as it unplugs just by the vibration of walking past.
on 29 September 2015
The Cable's B-Micro connect is shorter than normal, thus is unable to contact the usb connecter inside some devices.
Other that the quality is nice, and is well shielded.
on 9 November 2015
Doesn't work with the standard samsung S5 travel charger, but works with an amazon basics 5.1V charger. Mine might be a faulty model. Otherwise seems a sturdy lead.
on 29 July 2015
Seem to be good quality, possibly a bit on the stiff side. I have got several of different lengths and only had one faulty cable with was replaced without any fuss.
on 19 October 2014
Why do I have to crouch on the floor to use my mobile when it is charging? With more devices using micro size USB, here's where to find a solution.
on 8 February 2014
Arrived within 24hrs of ordering. Works perfectly. Couldn't be more satisfied. You won't be disappointed with this cable. Order it now.

See one answered question