TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 January 2016
Since buying a terrific battery charger (AccuPower Intelligent Fast Charger), I have used nothing but rechargeable batteries, both AA and AAA types. Of the brands I have tried, AmazonBasics is my favourite. I must have bought over 60 by now, and they have never let me down.

Whether they get daily, intensive use (as in my Slendertone belt, LED night lights and wireless keyboards) or sit waiting patiently for the next call to action (inside a torch or photo flash unit, for example), these batteries seem to keep their charge almost intact. The fact that they arrive already charged is so convenient. Impossible to know how many times each individual battery has been recharged, but my first batch was bought more than two years ago and most of them are in continuous use. Terrific quality, fully justifying the price. Interestingly, the white ones (which are more expensive) have been less reliable, with a couple already showing as “null” in my charger, whereas I've not had a single failure from the black ones.
on 10 August 2015
Excellent Rechargable batteries bought AA and AAA for everyday general household use. Phone, Remote, Toys, Toys .... Yes more toys, keyboard, trackpad, mouse, salt and pepper mill, Gam controllers etc etc etc ... Have been in regular use and recharging between Nov 2013 to date ... I use Duracell charger to charge these. Its best not to recharge until at least 5-10% of charge is left ... this calibrates them better and allows much longer life. Both AA and AAA can take anywhere between 3.5-4 hours charging from 0 to 100%. I have not seen any dip in there performance.

I have once left them when away in the cordless phone for over a month without use and fortunately there wasn't any discharge or leekage.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2016
I ordered a pack of 12 x AAA AmazonBasics re-chargeable batteries as they were excellent value. I liked the idea that they were pre-charged which means that you can use them straight away. But what really sold them to me was the fact that they retain their charge. I have used other types of re-chargeable batteries before, but if you don't use them they can lose power quite quickly.

I'm really pleased with them so far, and can no longer see any point in using normal single-use batteries.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 November 2015
I bought this as part of the AA [Pack of 8] + AAA [Pack of 12] bundle (ASIN: B0161JN1F4). As labelled on the Fustration-Free packaging and on the batteries, the AAA batteries were made in China and the AA batteries were made in Japan. The specs shown on the batteries are "NiMH 1.2V 800mAh" for the AAA. And "Ni-MH 1.2V min.2400mAh" for the AA.

Both sizes of batteries worked perfectly straight out of the box to power my Bandai Spacewarp Desktop (3 AA batteries), compact LED torch light (3 AAA batteries) and K&F KF-882 Master Flash Speedlight (4 AA batteries).

Here's my YouTube video (https://youtu.be/4KGmwo8lEvo) unboxing, closeup look and use of the batteries.
on 30 November 2016
What can you say about rechargeable batteries?
Well, not all batteries are made the same, especially rechargeable ones.

These amazon branded ones keep their charge well and have powered devices from my sons reading torch all the way up to my DECT phone handsets and they haven't missed a trick.

As for the price, they destroy the competition hands down.
I will be buying more and some AA's too.
Well done amazon for making an every day essential now an affordable option for all.
Style: 16 AA batteries|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This 16 pack of AA rechargeable batteries are competitively priced against the market leaders.

They are pre-charged, but on being used on a high-drain bicycle light, they did not last very long - around a third of the time that would have been expected.

Batteries used straight away in low drain products (a clock and soap dispenser) were fine. They are not marked as 'stay-charged' batteries so perhaps this lower performance in high drain usage can be forgiven.

Given the high price of many rechargeables, these certainly are a good buy. The AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20 perform very well; it's good to see greener rechargeables made by Amazon as a choice too.

Update July 2015: Since this review was written I've bought a four pack of the Amazon Basics Pre-Charged Rechargeable batteries as some of the original 16 pack of batteries were fitted to children's gifts at Christmas or birthdays and left the house that way. I'm delighted to say that there has been no loss of quality.
on 13 March 2017
I have a feeling these are just rebranded eneloops, specs are identical! - thats a good thing!

highly recommended! good quality batteries.

if my review helped please let me know you care by hitting the yes button!
I have a lot of Amazon Basics products from batteries, camera bags and many cables. All are of a high quality and very well priced.
These are good batteries. They all charge up correctly and keep their charge. I am using a couple in a remote control and four others in an LED torch. I have used the torch everyday since putting these batteries in and the light output is still (after 2 weeks) just as good.
The batteries themselves are well made and fit easily into the battery containers. I have had some rechargeables in the past that have been slightly bigger and not easy to fit, these are fine.
on 13 March 2017
When they're new - they're great. Within a year they start to fail, not holding charge, discharging very quickly. If you want something reliable long term you have to get ENELOOPS. Those AmazonBasics will save you few quids in a beginning but ultimately will cost you more as you will have to replace them.
on 30 June 2015
Good rechargeable batteries. I've used Duracell before but these seem to hold charge for longer when not in use. I haven't used all 16 yet but I'll be back for more when I have. Just a word on packaging, they come in 1 brown cardboard box which, although technically would be described as "frustration free" I did end up tearing the box trying to get into it.