on 10 November 2017
It did not work with my 2007 iPod classic so I was quite frustrated after getting it and setting it up. Sound goes through but no video whatsoever. Thankfully amazon did refund me.
on 27 February 2013
Slideshows, movies, iPlayer from ipad (1st gen) to HD ready TV. Good price, staightforward installation, quick delivery. 4 stars only because USB requires extension to reach power source, otherwise an excellent buy.
on 28 February 2014
I, like many, have just been bounced into paying 30 quid a year more for my Amazon Prime for the promise of getting Amazon/Lovefilm instant.

Accordingly, I decided to figure out how I could play such content on my TV. I have a Samsung Smart TV (2010), and that had a Lovefilm app... but they've withdrawn it now. I have a Samsung Blu-ray player (2010) and that had a Lovefilm app... but they've withdrawn that too.

But there is an app for the ipod touch 3rd Gen (which I have), so I downloaded it. The ipod touch 3rd Gen won't do digital TV out, but it will do component out at 576p. So I ordered this cable to try it out.

The cable works well for videos played from 'Videos', but won't work with either iplayer or lovefilm instant, which makes it useless to me.

Come on Amazon/Lovefilm, why can't you support TV out from the ipod? Later models can use digital TV out, and the hardware is clearly capable of doing component out, so why can't you support it too?
on 14 February 2012
Got this so I can watch sky go on my tv from my iphone 4. In order for this to work however you must jail break your iphone and install an app that mirrors whats on your screen, otherwise you will get no picture just audio. Without the jail break this cable will only be good for viewing you photos and own videos. Works the same as apple cable at half the price!
66 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 July 2013
I previously had an official apple cable that never worked between my ipod and tv so I was a little sceptical about this but I had a voucher and I thought it would be worth a try. Glad I did as it works brilliantly! I use it to connect my ipad to my tv and I can watch anything I have stored on my ipad, either from iTunes or manually uploaded files from my own dvd recordings. Only thing I haven't been able to get to work is watching Sky Go .... it just shows the Sky Go logo on the TV so I assume this is to do with Sky restrictions rather than the cable. This cable is definitely worth trying, just make sure you need this one so check the connections on the back of your tv first
on 8 October 2013
I bought this to watch Cagney and Lacey TV episodes. You can buy them on iTunes but not on DVD, so I download them to my iPhone 3GS and use this cable. One end simply plugs into the iPhone, and at the other end the RGB component jacks go into my TV set (Samsung 46-inch LED), and the L-R audio phono jacks into my amp. Bingo. Cagney and Lacey at better than broadcast picture quality with decent sound (allowing for how long ago they were filmed). You need to make sure your TV set takes component rather than composite video input - composite needs a different cable.
on 25 December 2014
Checked before ordering that I would need a component not composite cable. At first was not successful in establishing a connection. Read all the reviews, questions and answers and background information then tried again the next day.
Don't know what I did wrong the first time but after switching everything off, then attaching the cable ends, checking that all 5 connections were in the right places, and then switching on again - Eureka! It worked.
Have one reservation about the cable - the USB end does not have a good enough length to reach conveniently to a USB charging plug behind the TV. But flushed with success that I've got it to work!
on 15 December 2013
We wanted a basic cable to watch films on iPad/phone on the big screen this does the job perfectly. The cable is well made and nice and long. Not all apps allow you to play via it but dims and bbc player all work well.
on 30 August 2012
Arrived and works fine with my iphone 3gs, sadly only seems to do audio with my ipod video (1st gen), perhaps some fiddling will solve this.

Good picture quality, limited i presume by the phone, not the cable.
on 20 December 2014
It does connect your Apple device to any television with the correct corrections however I was hoping for a realtime display of everything and not just recieve video feed when using apps that have video playback features and the one popular online streaming video app I wanted it for does not support the connection, sound however is always on connection with is good if you want to connect your device to a loud television/ surround system