Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Amazon selling corrected version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2011, 15:02:33 BST
John Graham says:
Title says it all. I just want to make sure they are selling the newer version before I buy. Thanks!

Posted on 23 Jun 2011, 08:46:14 BST
NYjane says:
anyone know?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2011, 08:49:41 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2015, 04:51:14 GMT
John Graham says:
Got mine and it looks fantastic. It must be the corrected version and Arrow did the set some justice. A ton of extras and a bunch of paper collectibles. It also comes with a DVD.

Edit 3/2015: I received the error set but never even knew it or sent away for a replacement(stupid me). Sorry if I convinced anyone to buy the earlier sets through Amazon. Kind of upset Amazon knowingly sent these out knowing the issues.

Posted on 23 Jun 2011, 08:51:37 BST
NYjane says:
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2011, 09:00:25 BST
John Graham says:
No problem and for the cost of this set ($18 or so shipped) it is well worth it. I use to have the steel numbered box and this blows that right out of the water. The only problem is the higher definition really shows the limitations of the special effects Fulci used.

Posted on 23 Jun 2011, 09:08:03 BST
NYjane says:
That's good to hear. I'm just afraid that as soon as I buy this, there'll be an announcement for a US release.

Posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:16:11 BST
gswithen says:
So, you bought your copies here at the end of June and they have the corrected sepia opening not B&W?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2011, 18:44:27 BST
NYjane says:
I just received mine last week and it has the incorrect disc. I contacted Arrow right away, and they told me they're sending a replacement. So, that's always an option, in case you receive an incorrect disc. Just search online for something like 'The Beyond Replacement Disc Policy' for instructions on what to email Arrow for a replacement. I followed the instructions on the cult-labs website, myself.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2011, 08:47:31 BST
gswithen says:
Thanks for the response.

Posted on 9 Aug 2011, 10:01:33 BST
Da Wulf says:
I repeat the Question to John Graham: Did you in fact bought and received the corrected Disc with the Sepia Opening at the end of june?

Otherwise we still have to assume that the faulty disc is being sold and shipped.

Posted on 16 Aug 2011, 03:02:06 BST
gswithen says:
My copy was shipped on 21JULY and was STILL THE INCORRECT VERSION W/B&W OPENING.

I was able to receive my corrected replacement copy from Arrow in just a few days.

Of course, right after that Arrow announced they were stopping the replacement program EARLY because they were getting too many requests. Then, the fire/riots happened that destroyed most of the remaining Arrow stock which guilted Arrow back into the program. Whatever, Arrow. I guess it wasn't proof enough that Amazon was still shipping OLD STOCK at the END of JULY.

Posted on 24 Oct 2011, 14:38:48 BST
ShawnDuHast says:
I know someone who ordered from amazon as he believed what it said on Cult Labs "All copies now in stock at our warehouse and with retailers should now be corrected."

Bluray arrived yesterday 22 October 2011 and it is STILL THE BLACK & WHITE INTRO version!!!
I still do not know anyone who has got the corrected version from anywhere except from Arrow themselves
So faulty Bluray discs STILL being sent by amazon at the end of Oct 2011...

Posted on 3 Nov 2011, 19:41:08 GMT
Maul_T says:
Received my copy today. It is the monochrome opening/low bit rate/high brightness version.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2011, 21:17:17 GMT
ShawnDuHast says:
Send it back to Amazon as faulty as per your description and keep doing it till you get a good disc (which "The Head Cheese" on Cult Labs assured everyone months ago that there were only a few B&W in the retail system and they had all gone months ago... yeah right!) as Amazon will be returning them to Arrow for them for credit!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2011, 21:31:39 GMT
NYjane says:
Did they stop sending replacement discs? If they are still offering them, why not send Arrow an email? If not, then definitely return to Amazon and describe why.

Posted on 3 Nov 2011, 22:09:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2011, 22:13:23 GMT
ShawnDuHast says:
If you just send an email to Arrow then Amazon will keep sending out faulty discs which Arrow say no retailer has had for months....really??

Even the remastered disc has audio synch problems and duplicate frames...:-(

Rolling Thunder told me a few weeks ago that they are currently working on their BluRay of The Beyond to be released next year...

Hopefully they will get it right first time.

Posted on 4 Nov 2011, 16:21:46 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 4 Nov 2011, 18:11:55 GMT]

Posted on 19 Nov 2011, 07:59:18 GMT
ShawnDuHast says:
Amazon still sending out faulty discs...as of today 18 November 2011
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/beyond/6196-beyond-replacement-program-important-news-10.html#post198622
I wonder why Arrow are still refusing to recall the faulty versions and supply Amazon with the corrected ones?
To date I have still not heard of anyone who has got the remastered disc from any reseller.

Posted on 10 Jan 2012, 05:57:20 GMT
I just got my copy today that ordered from Amazon UK over Xmas and it is definitely the corrected version

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2015, 04:47:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2015, 04:47:24 GMT
John Graham says:
Sorry, 4 years later.....I never rechecked the board or I would have answered you. I got the black and white opening and lower bit rate(I believe around 14Mbps). The contrast is also spiked a bit but I still think it's a decent transfer. I originally watched it on my 27 inch television so I really didn't notice the different issues I can see now on my bigger set.

Sorry again if I might have misled anyone about them shipping me the corrected set(even though they knew the issues before I even bought it). I honestly thought the one I received was the right one or I would have asked for a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2015, 15:12:22 GMT
ShawnDuHast says:
I would still ask Arrow for a replacement as they were sending these out knowing they were faulty.
The corrected disc does look very good especially on my 90" projector where the version you have really starts to look bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2015, 16:43:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2015, 16:45:17 GMT
John Graham says:
Yeah, I can now see the difference and what everyone was talking about. The picture is decent considering the age but still should never had to go through replacing it as Amazon knew they were selling bad discs and Arrow was supplying them. I started this discussion because people had been complaining for a couple of months about faulty discs and I still got a bad one.

The US just came out with their version so I just might wait to see the reviews and double dip(probably the same corrected transfer).

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2015, 08:26:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Mar 2015, 08:27:47 GMT
ShawnDuHast says:
I agree about Amazon & Arrow.

Try with Arrow & please post their response here :-)

or ask Amazon as they still have The Beyond SteelBook for sale:
The Beyond Steelbook [Blu-ray]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  20 May 2011
Latest post:  27 Mar 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about