Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) forum

Amazon has been declared...useless

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2009 16:31:52 BDT
C. A. Mackay says:
Hey
I was expecting my copy of ODST to come today with the Johnson code and the beta key. So far, I have had nothing, and I was really frustrated. I had gotten no ODST, no code, and no sleep.
I am now going to play.com

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2009 17:06:07 BDT
Arrrgh says:
Preordered a week ago with 3-5 day delivery. Despatched yesterday. WTF amazon? last time im using this site for a pre-order

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:13:33 BDT
J. Narvestad says:
I preordered about a month ago and im gonna get it around the 27th september! its really f-ing annoying!
The first and last tiem im preordering something from Amazon

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:28:12 BDT
I ordered mine 14th september. Everyone I know in my area has received theirs and we even received other deliveries so if Amazon blame postal strikes they're just pointing fingers. This isn't good enough. I'm buying all games (except MW2 and L4D2 which I've unfortunately already ordered from here) from GAME or play.com from now on. Amazon, get ur act together!! >:(

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 19:06:13 BDT
You can cancel your pre-orders as they don't take the money until they are ready to dispatch it

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2009 21:04:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Sep 2009 21:07:37 BDT
P. Maurice says:
Post walk outs caused back logs so expect this to be the main reason for late deliverys from all online shops.
The BBC should make a Post forecast after the Weather forecast.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 21:11:29 BDT
D. Deary says:
Absolutely gutted not to have the game today. I clicked the where's my stuff bit on Amazon to track my order and it is estimated to be delivered for 26th September.

In hindsight, had I known this I would have purchased from a high street store. Assuming it does not arrive tomorrow I will be purchasing it from a high street store and returning amazon's copy unopened when it arrives.

Dreadful service! Postage strike or not!

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 21:27:49 BDT
lamb3rt0 says:
Play.com are brilliant for pre-orders, usually delivering on the day of release or sometimes a day early. I discovered this a while back when I pre-ordered GTAIV from Amazon, only to be told it would arrive about 5 days after release! I promptly changed to Play, and, low and behold, it arrived on the day of release (or maybe that was the one that came a day early).

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 08:55:19 BDT
Flakes says:
I have the same problem. No ODST yet and when the tracking is right, no ODST today. So more than 2 days late and i preordered it ages ago.

Plus i ordered 3 copies (2 for my friends) and i got !1! lousy sgt Johnson code. Thanks amazon, thanks.

I preordered Batman too and it was the same, i got it 3 days after release. This was the last preorder Amazon, sorry.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 13:58:54 BDT
C. A. Mackay says:
I finally got ODST, and the pre order code. I nearly lost the code because it was in junk. Why is this code in the Junk when clearly it isnt. Plus Amazon promised us to deliver the day of release. REPENT, REPENT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2009 18:55:21 BDT
J. Franklin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 22:34:16 BDT
J.Franklin, Amazon, as well as all retailers get the stock about a week before release. This is because if a retailer gets the stock late it wont overlap the release date and so they won't have angry customers. Amazon dispatch their product one day before release in all circumstances which is stupid as because there is a postal strike most amazon deliveries will be late. Whereas companies like play.com change their dispatch date depending on what is occuring e.g a postal strike and so you will get your product on the release date and maybe even before release. This obviously shows that Play.com care far more for their customers than Amazon do. Halo Odst is now two days late and I think you'll find I wont be using Amazon again for things like this.

Posted on 24 Sep 2009 13:06:51 BDT
J. Caudell says:
Mine still hasn't arrived, I will never use amazon for pre-ordering again. Whats the point if you recieve it days after release.

Posted on 27 Sep 2009 16:47:20 BDT
Naughty Boy says:
Amazon's service, including their customer service has been getting worse for some time, ah well like you say there's Play and GAME to take your custom to instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2009 18:18:01 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2009 21:09:04 BDT
Spot on mate. Lol i am still waiting for my copy! (Not from Amazon) Just looking forward to it, when you sad fools complete it, i still have it to look forward to :)

Posted on 27 Sep 2009 21:19:14 BDT
Mr. Shaw don't you think thats a bit of an over exageration, I mean "10's of millions die each day through genecide" if 10 million people died a day thats
3.6 billion people dieing a year. Considering theres only 6 billion people in the world you may want to change that figure. Anyway people have a right to complain and if you care about comparing our lives to people it lets say.. Africa why dont you go and sell your xbox for money to give to charity. Plus I know you have an xbox other wise why the hell would you be on this discussion page.

Posted on 28 Sep 2009 14:04:18 BDT
Ahhh bloody ODST the order was ment to be here Today and its still not here ....should i be worried or will i get it on a future date ??? Amazon.. you bad monkey =_=

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 08:28:34 BDT
If you used free supersaver delivery then it does say 3-5 day postage!

My bro got his on wedensday from the 3-5.

They only dispatched a day early because 2 days early would make it sunday which of course they dont do.

3 days early could mean people get it before release which in the UK nobody seems to like

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 13:16:30 BDT
J Kingston says:
lmao Shaw got told.
Havnt even brought ODST but read that post and found it halarious.
Instead of moaning and critising people on here go and do something about it Shaw. "Put your life into perspective" and find something better to do.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 17:34:00 BDT
What does Mr Shaw do about it then?

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 22:17:50 BDT
Shaw was right, yeh ok he over exaggerated, but he is basically saying, there are a lot more important things to be worrying about than your copy of Halo 3 ODST.. Who cares when it comes, just look forward to it.

Posted on 30 Sep 2009 00:01:43 BDT
dunno what all the fuss is about. my odst arrived on time

Posted on 30 Sep 2009 00:42:54 BDT
D. Porter says:
Wake up morons. A: High volumes of pre-orders cause delays, B: post strikes cause delays, C: THE EARLIER YOU PREORDER THE QUICKER YOU GET THE ITEM!
I preordered mine eight months in advance and got it on the release day, 22nd September!

Posted on 5 Oct 2009 18:58:17 BDT
Stephen says:
I preordered aug 17th, game was dispatched on sep 21st and i got the game on sep 23rd in Ireland, thats without first lass delivery so you cant blame amazon, postal strikes or stock shortages is what caused it not amazon.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  24
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  22 Sep 2009
Latest post:  21 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars (273)