- Product Dimensions: 19 x 13.2 x 1.5 cm ; 172 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 222 g (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00DR0BIGU
- Item model number: 53-002127
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (477 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 20 Oct. 2013
Amazon Standing Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7" (3rd generation - 2013 release), Mineral Black
|Price:||£19.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£25.00 (56%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Protects your device against bumps and scratches - will only fit Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation - 2013 release)
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Covers device fully and is secured magnetically for easy attachment and removal
- Saves battery life with automatic wake and sleep
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX 7" speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Hard-wearing polyurethane with matching microfibre interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"…the clever 'Origami' cover offers neat touches that let you prop the HDX open in portrait or landscape." — The Telegraph
"A really elegant combination of protective cover and stand." — Techradar
"They're actually quite nice, and they attach to the HDX magnetically which is great" — Gizmodo
Amazon Kindle Origami Case
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to fit your Kindle Fire HDX 7" perfectly and provide complete protection, front and back. The case is secured magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic fastener will ensure your case stays shut whilst on the go.
Whether you are browsing the web at home or working whilst on the go, our integrated Origami cover stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetised Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 7" securely upright for steady viewing.
Top Customer Reviews
But there is more to this design than just the clever stand. The case also has small cut outs to enable the charging lead and earphones to be plugged in without removing the Kindle while the on/off and volume controls are always accessible.
Because of all the magnets, the cover closes in a very positive manner producing a very satisfying sound. The only minor issue that I had with it was learning to the trick of the 'buckling' fold that converts the flat cover into a stand. The instructions sow how to do this but there is a knack to it.
Great dual use product that does not add too much to the bulk of your Kindle.
I chose the black case and it really enhances the appearance of the Kindle Fire in my opinion. It's very easy to clip it on and off when required.
Personally, I thought it was a bit pricey when I first bought it, but you pay for quality!
I had some concern that the provision of Origami folds might unacceptably reduce the rigidity of the front cover - but this has not proved to the case. I wonder if some of the cheaper copies may run into a problem in this respect.
The Kindle fits easily and securely into the back of the cover - with both volume control and on/off switch easily operated.
A particularly nice touch is the way the front cover holds closed (magnetically) - with the sleep/wake function working perfectly (particularly useful to me as a reader of Audio Books and Text-to-Speech eBooks)
No part of the screen is hidden - useful, as some indicators are displayed towards the edge of the screen.
I had to take a "deep breath" when "facing up" to the relatively high cost of this case - but having received it, and put it to use, I am truly pleased.
I can't remember who said "You will remember the quality of an item a long time after you have forgotten the price! Never a truer word was spoken.
However, having used it for a week, it does work perfectly and is surprisingly easy to fold and just looks a bit cooler than a standard case.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant case for my Kindle. I love how you can fold the case so I can use it laying down or on a table. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jane Last
I bought this case for my hdx 8.9 but was wary that the kindle would drop out as the magnets where not strong enough but I've had this case for over a year and its never drop out... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Paul A
Great little case, perfect for standing up your kindle and looks smart too.Published 7 months ago by Tayla
Excellent case, fits well and very sturdy. Arrived when stated. Would recommend.Published 9 months ago by Woody
It protects my kindle from damage and makes it easier to watch movies on netflix when I do my make up in the morning ;) never had any issues with it. Read morePublished 11 months ago by k.o.