Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Cover, Ink Blue (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Designed by Amazon as the lightest and thinnest protective cover
- Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the cover
- Secures your device without straps covering the front
- Magnetic clasp ensures case is closed securely
- Textured leather exterior protects with style
- Built-in stand allows for hands-free viewing
Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Case
Our genuine leather case was engineered to be the lightest and thinnest protective case for your Kindle Fire HD 7". A fusion of soft, premium textured leather and an innovative, custom-fitted interior secures Kindle Fire HD 7" without any hinges or straps.
Let your device stand on its own
Whether you’re following a recipe in the kitchen, enjoying a film on the plane, or rocking out while cleaning the living room, our integrated stand lets you enjoy your content hands-free.
On the Go
Thin, lightweight and hard-wearing, this case is perfect for taking Kindle Fire HD 7" wherever you go. When you’ve finished enjoying your content, simply close the case to put your Kindle Fire HD 7" to sleep and you’re good to go. The integrated magnetic closure will ensure your case stays shut while in a backpack, handbag or briefcase.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
There are a few problems though:
1. It looks quite cheap for the significant price (nearly £40 when I bought it)
2. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can't charge it and have it standing upright.
3. You can only use headphones with a straight jack - if it's one of the ones with a right angle on the end, it won't fit into the headphone socket with the case on the Kindle.
4. It does stand up - but don't expect it to stay that way... Last night, I stood mine on the bathroom window sill and it collapsed from its standing position. This caused the Kindle to plunge into my newly run bath - and now I have no Kindle. I am gutted. I am aware that this was partially my fault (probably not the best place to leave the Kindle) but the 'stand up' position on this is not stable on a smooth surface. You have been warned :(
Nicely finished in patterned leather, with rubberised edges to hold the tablet securely - the Kindle fits very snugly into the case, and there are cutouts for the connectors, speakers, earphone socket, volume control and on/off switch without compromising the integrity and protective properties of the cover.
There is a magnetic sensor in the case that puts your Kindle 'to sleep' when it is closed, and then 'reawakens' it when opened again. This certainly saves you shutting-down and booting-up time if you used the power switch instead.
The textured surface of the case means it is comfortable and secure to hold, and the cover folds right over the back without any problems at all.
I have noted issues with the case standing securely on a shiny desk surface - the back cover especially tends to slip on occasion (not every time by any means) and the whole thing falls flat.
That minor niggle aside, and the high price, this case is obviously tailor-made for the Fire HD and is a quality addition to your kit
Update - I see the price is now around £20 - that's more like it, Amazon!
The auto on / off is brilliant and works flawlessly.
This cover doesn't add much to the dimensions and I can still get my Kindle HD in my inside Jacket pocket.
I have recommended this to all my friends who have a Kindle Fire HD
It is neat and tidy, great for a stand especially when i am using skype if used in the portrait position, but if used in the landscape position it needs to placed on a non slip surface as it slips and falls flat. Some sort of device to lock it in position would be good.
I would recommend this to every one as not only does it protect my kindle from damage when I drop it, it also turns it off when I close it saving battery life.
All the edges have a tacky silicone like surface which is there to hold your Fire upright as you watch video. On the outside rather than being a soft natural feeling leather on the outside of the case I think Amazon are using a pressed bonded leather. Inside the case must be a magnet as when you close the lid it locks your kindles. The tacky silicon on my case failed repeatedly to hold the Fire upright when watching video and fell flat after a few minutes on a huge variety of surfaces from my kitchen worktop, Polished Wood and a plastic airline table.
The amazon fire hd leather cover looks nice in Ink Blue but as it falls flat when watching video I am keeping my Kindle in the Timbuk2 case.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a shame but it wasn't for my particular GEN Fire HD. Which I wasn't aware of until it arrived.Published 1 month ago by Sophie
This is an excellent little case which fits the Kindle Fire perfectly. It is easy to click the kindle in and out and it has worn very well. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ted Nu
It does what it has to do brilliantly..it protects and provides easy instant access tothe Kindle Fire HD... a must buy, excellent product, at a reasonable pricePublished 3 months ago by TJM