- Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 23.1 x 1.6 cm ; 308 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 381 g (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00DR0C8BO
- Item model number: 53-000831
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (162 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 31 Dec. 2012
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Standing Leather Origami Case (3rd generation - 2013 release), Red
|Price:||£11.09 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£48.90 (82%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Launches the camera app automatically when you slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (3rd generation - 2013 release) up in the case
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Covers device fully and is secured magnetically for easy attachment and removal
- Saves battery life with automatic wake and sleep
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Top-quality natural leather with matching microfibre interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Red
Amazon Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to fit your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" perfectly and provide complete protection, front and back. The case is secured magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic fastener will ensure your case stays shut whilst on the go.
This innovative case puts your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" to sleep automatically when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening, saving battery life while making it easy to jump back into your apps, games, films, books, and more.
Crafted from premium natural leather and matching microfibre interior, the case protects your tablet and keeps your screen clean.
Capture Every Moment
Exclusive Camera Ready feature makes it quick and easy to take pictures so you can capture all your precious moments – simply slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" up in the case and the camera automatically starts, allowing you to quickly snap a picture.
Whether you are browsing the web at home, enjoying a movie on the plane, or working while on the go, our integrated Origami case stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetized Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" securely upright for steady viewing.
Top Customer Reviews
The Kindle fits into the case seamlessly and is held there magnetically, and the case allows you to push the tablet up a couple of inches in order to use the forward facing camera and flash.
So far so good, eh?
Actually, I am less than delighted with it, for a number of reasons;
- It's overpriced
- I am not convinced how secure it is (the folding leather case for the 7" kindle fire HD is much better in my opinion)
- the case forces the (supplied) usb charging connector in at a slight angle, which concerns me
- it is hopelessly insecure standing on a flat surface, and I could not get it to stand at all on my desk at work
- It's not that comfortable to hold and I find I have to hold it with my fingers splayed across the back, which is tiring
- the case is so magnetic that metal objects stick to it, which makes me concerned about it being near credit cards etc
I am now using the much more practical Otterbox cover for my Kindle, and to be honest wish I hadn't laid out £60 for this one - it's OK, but no more than that.
Good quality and recommended if you want to keep your Kindle safe from accidents/mistreatment, though I have to admit to preferring the more sturdy leather case that Amazon had for the Kindle Fire HD; the lid/flap on this HDX cover feels odd to close, it doesn't feel like you're closing a book.
It does cover up the speakers at the back of the Kindle, however, it doesn't seem to make much difference to the sound to be honest.
It is a very well thought out product but just does not work for me.
When I explained my difficulty Amazon very kindly accepted the return of the case.
I am very satisfied with the service and support provided by the Amazon Team and cannot praise them enough.
For all these smart design features, and after designing a tablet as superbly lightweight as the Kindle Fire HDX, it seems odd that this proprietary case undoes all that hard work. The case makes the kindle stupidly heavy and uncomfortable to hold, and the origami folds that allow you to prop up the kindle into viewing positions only add to the discomfort as it tends to sag and force your hand to compensate for the lack of stability.
My advice is you get what you pay for. This case is beautifully tailored and made to fit. So Go for one, you wont be disappointed.
The two generations models are exactly the same size and shaping with all the switches, lenses and charging points identical but alas while the 3rd Generation fits in the case beautifully but 4th Generation does not.
The new model fits in but immediately slips upwards off the magnetic strips and just will not stay in the case. I think the polarity of magnets inside the later model is opposing the ones in the case. Shame I wasted £11. but my 3rd generation Fire is safely wrapped.
I did buy a new full priced case like this in black for the 3rd Generation model but sold that to someone who wanted a black one as with his black Kindle Fire would it look like a black portable television and it does.
Its a very slim and ingenious case but once you learn how to fold the back it stands beatifullt horizontally and vertically.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent, sturdy product offering great protection to my KindlePublished 22 days ago by Mrs. J. Leary
To say I do not like it is a bit strong. I ordered it to replace the original heavy leather case that I bought with my Kindle Fire HDX but wanted a lighter version that I could... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mrs. J. Jones
Great cover for my wife's Kindle and is light but very sturdy. Did need to brush up on our origami skills to get the right shape for the stand to be put into the right shape, but... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bald Eagle
Magnets repel my kindle rather than holding in place, clearly a defective one.not happyPublished 3 months ago by Richard Sands-Ellison
Arrived on time and fits perfectly. Does exactly as it says in the descriptionPublished 8 months ago by JPT