Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Standing Leather Origami Case (3rd generation - 2013 release)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Protects your device against bumps and scratches - will only fit Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation - 2013 release)
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Covers device fully and is secured magnetically for easy attachment and removal
- Saves battery life with automatic wake and sleep
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX 7" speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Top-quality natural leather with matching microfibre interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
"…the clever 'Origami' cover offers neat touches that let you prop the HDX open in portrait or landscape." — The Telegraph
"A really elegant combination of protective cover and stand." — Techradar
"They're actually quite nice, and they attach to the HDX magnetically which is great" — Gizmodo
Amazon Kindle Origami Case
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to fit your Kindle Fire HDX 7" perfectly and provide complete protection, front and back. The case is secured magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic fastener will ensure your case stays shut whilst on the go.
Whether you are browsing the web at home or working whilst on the go, our integrated Origami cover stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetised Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 7" securely upright for steady viewing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The fact that it's an Origami style means the cover is floppy when you open it, but it attaches to itself magnetically either flat or in a stand position (works in either portrait or landscape) so this is not an issue.
1. This case is well made and looks stylish and expensive.
2. The Origami design looks nice and as a stand works well.
3. The cover has a magnet that turns off the display when closed.
4. The back of the case has plastic buttons that overlay the controls on the rear of the device, and they work perfectly.
5. The Kindle Fire HDX attaches to the case magnetically, so it clips on and off with ease, whilst still feeling securely held.
6. The cover folds over and attaches to the back of itself magnetically, both flat, and in a stand position.
7. The case directs the sound from the speakers towards you, as opposed to back and away from you.
1 . When the cover folds over and attaches to itself magnetically in the flat position, it can be uncomfortable to hold for extended periods, for fingers along the edges of the device (although the fact that is magnetically attached means it is easy to pry the case off in under two seconds if you want).
Typically I think more Men than Women will like this case.
The soft lining gives a reassuring contact with the screen face, I'm not concerned about having to have additional screen protection.
The only design negative is that I'm not convinced that the case will protect well against drops. The cover, while secure doesn't really offer heavy impact protection, but it wasn't purchased with that in mind anyway, more for basic screen protection against spills and soft knocks and the utility of the cover-come-stand.
The price is also a tad expensive, reflecting on the materials it's probably worth around £10-£15 less than advertised. Not unhappy with the purchase though.
Used the Mayday function and was told to keep the Kindle out of the case for 24 hours (after confirming that I had the screen sleep time set to Never) which I did and it hasn't fixed it...the particular person I spoke to on Mayday that day said that it was the first time he had heard of this problem...even though Amazon.com is flooded with this problem...however, the second Mayday assistant admitted that this was indeed a problem with this case and is caused by a defect in the magnet in the case - but as I hadn't purchased direct from amazon but instead had used some credit on a catalogue I run, they couldn't help me - instead I was advised to purchase a case with no magnet...well if I could get a refund on this one (the retailer refuses because it's 3 months old), I would purchase a new case sans magnet - however, as I am just a poor pathetically paid British soldier, my Kindle will just brave the elements along with me and once I finished my back catalogue of books, a Krobo will go to the top of Christmas list.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Husband loves this and it is very versatile in how you can use it.
Great fit and quality cover
I had ordered one of these before for a younger person's kindle so when the opportunity came up to try one for my HDX I went for it. Read morePublished 11 months ago by R. E. Quinn
I have to say, having been less than thrilled with the Red Kindle HDX Leather Origami case, I was thrilled with this one! Read morePublished 11 months ago by It Was Only A Winter'sTale