This product only ships to the UK
Amazon Echo, Black
|Price:||£149.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks, reports news, traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, Nest, tado° and others
- Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills
Top Customer Reviews
It can act as a Bluetooth speaker, but this has continuous drop-outs, overall a very poor experience.
it can also answer quite a lot of questions to save typing into a computer.
Would make a great present for almost anyone.
Stay with the DOTS much better value for their money and would buy further DOTS in the future
FIRSTLY. I admit that I have only had the Amazon Echo for a weekend, but I just CANNOT understand the amount of 1 star reviews (and the ludicrously high amount of people finding those reviews useful?!). If I was a cynical person I’d suggest that there might even be some sort of industrial sabotage going on here. Is it just coincidence that all of these bad reviews (and huge amount of helpful votes) are hitting the Echo just before Google release their own version in time for Christmas?
So I’ve decided to give as honest and open a review as possible in order to highlight the pluses and (currently very few) minuses that I’ve experienced. I’ll add to the review as time goes on, as I have no doubt there will be some exciting developments in the coming months.
Open up package. For once Amazon have used exactly the right sized box which is a pleasant surprise – in this instance for 1 x Amazon Echo and 2 x Amazon Echo Dots. Bought for £119 and £39 each respectively. Bargain. Excitedly unwrap the various boxes and pull “Alexa” out of her package for the first time. Initial thoughts are that she looks slightly larger than I’d envisaged, but very sleek and lovely. I’ve definitely had worse surprises than this.
Plug Alexa in to my kitchen, pride of place on the kitchen island. Download Alexa App on iPhone. I have Sky broadband by the way – I’ve seen reviews about Alexa not connecting to BT so can’t comment on this, but seems to have been resolved anyway.Read more ›
Where will technology take us next?
However, with most speech recognition applications, these only understand very good/perfect spoken English. I am fortunate that I speak "The Queen's English" and Alexa has no difficulty in understanding me - but my partner has ataxia (following an accident), and cannot be understood at all. We have also tried the other 3 command names = "Computer", "Echo" & "Amazon", but to no avail - thank goodness there is the Action Button on the top which bypasses the command name, but there is also the actual command afterwards that has to be negotiated. So, what about folk with strong accents or dialects? People with foreign accents? .... there must be many other people who are in the same boat? In time, surely the Speech Recognition will be more versatile and cater for more accents etc.?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Grate device still having problems trying to conect smart plugs will sort it soon?Published 2 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Fabulous product. I absolutely love it as it has so many features and does all the things I want it to.Published 3 hours ago by Mrs. D. A. York
Love everything about this product - the ease of setting it up on the Internet, the way Alexa (almost) always understands my Scottish accent, the way I can get her to play an... Read morePublished 3 hours ago by Tom McRae
This is one of those things you needed all your life but never knew it, read me a story, play 80s music, read me the news, who won the football. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Papa
I wanted one of these for ages eventually got one I found it quite hard to set up and find it hard to par with my music apart from that it's wonderfulPublished 5 hours ago by Mrs G Richards
Oh what fun have we had with Alexa!!! With amazon music unlimited you can challenge Alexa to play anything. We had asked for the most obscure music & she plays. Read morePublished 7 hours ago by Natalie Russell