Amazon Protect 2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Cover for Portable Audio from £70 to £79.99
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Accidental damage cover including mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Breakdown & Accidental Damage Cover
Peace of mind with Amazon Protect
Breakdowns and accidents happen and when they do, you want to be protected! From the day you receive your product, if you accidentally damage it or it fails, make sure that you have the necessary cover to avoid expensive repairs not covered by your manufacturer guarantee.
If the product guarantee provided by the manufacturer is longer than one year, purchasing Amazon Protect may duplicate breakdown cover that you are already entitled to receive from the manufacturer. Please check the duration and terms of the manufacturer guarantee before purchasing Amazon Protect.
What you need to know:
E-mail delivery of your documentationYour policy documentation will be e-mailed to you within 24-hours of your purchase. Remember to check your spam folder if you don’t receive it. You can also access your documentation from within the ‘Your Orders’ page of your Amazon account. Find the order and click ‘View policy documents’ to download a copy. This feature will be available no later than 24 hours after purchase. If you have any queries, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0303 313 0001.
Claiming is simple• Large products - A technician will call at your home to repair your product.
• Small products - Convenient delivery to and from our repairer is included.
Breakdowns coveredFrom the end of your product's first year guarantee, Amazon Protect will cover you against the cost of repairing or replacing your product in the event of a mechanical or electrical breakdown. If your product suffers continuous breakdowns we will consider replacing your product. See "Replacement product" below for further details.
Accidental damage coveredFrom the day you receive your product, Amazon Protect will cover you against the cost of repairing or replacing your product should it suffer accidental damage (such as drops, knocks and spills). See "Replacement product" below for further details.
Replacement productIf we are unable to repair your product, or a repair is uneconomical, you can choose between a suitable replacement product or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement product. Your policy will then end.
No extra costs - No excess - No feeThere are no nasty surprises with Amazon Protect. There is nothing extra to pay, including no excess or fees for any repairs or replacements provided under this policy.
Covered whilst abroadAmazon Protect covers your product when travelling or holidaying outside of the UK. We will cover you anywhere in the world for a manufacturer approved repair or we can replace/repair your product upon your return home. Please note that authorisation is required from us, either by phone or e-mail, before you get your product repaired.
Cancel at any timeReceive a full refund if you cancel within 45 days. If you cancel after this, a proportional refund will be made depending on the length of any remaining term.
In the event you cancel your Product order prior to dispatch and we are able to associate that order with this Policy, we will automatically cancel this Policy, initiate a full refund and email you confirmation. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow the cancellation process as detailed in the Terms and Conditions.
Insurance contract protectionAmazon Protect is an insurance contract provided by London General Insurance Company Limited and is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You can call upon the assistance of the Financial Ombudsman Service in the unlikely event we are unable to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
Please note: this policy excludes• Intentional and malicious damage;
• Loss or theft;
• Consumable items, such as batteries and bulbs (that can be replaced by you);
• Contents of your product, such as data, photos and software;
• Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of your product.
Important information• Cover starts upon delivery of your product;
• Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use;
• Please refer to your product information for details about the manufacturer guarantee;
• The product being insured must be purchased from amazon.co.uk;
• This is optional cover and other insurances, such as home contents insurance, may cover your product;
• If you choose to purchase Amazon Protect, you can only do so on the same day as your product purchase. Alternative warranties may be available elsewhere;
• This insurance does not affect your statutory rights; information about your statutory rights can be obtained through your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau;
• For further information please read the Policy Summary and the full Terms and Conditions.
Queries & complaints
If you have any queries, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 0303 313 0001.
If you feel that we have not lived up to your expectations in any way then please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0303 313 0001.
Local call rates apply. Cost from mobiles may vary.
You may also refer to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) service - See section 6 of the Terms and Conditions General Queries and Complaints.
Who provides Amazon Protect?
The insurance is underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited (LGI), part of The Warranty Group. With more than 50 years of experience and more than $5 billion in assets, The Warranty Group is one of the world's premier global providers of warranty solutions and related benefits.
The Warranty Group has operations in more than 35 countries, nearly 1,700 employees and has more than 100 million active in-force agreements with customers. Since our company was founded we have paid more than $10 billion in claims.
LGI is an AM Best A- (Excellent) rated insurance company, and a private company limited by shares and incorporated in England. Its registered head office is at TWENTY Kingston Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey TW18 4LG Registered Number 1865673 and it is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority FRN 202689.
Your personal details will be used by London General Insurance Company Limited (‘we’/’us’/’our’) and our administrators, repairers and service providers for policy and claims administration and for fraud prevention. We may also share your details with Amazon Services Europe Sarl or its affiliates for the purposes of delivering the benefits under your policy. A copy of the details held by us about you is available upon request from us. We may also provide by post or email, text or telephone, administrative information relating to your policy including expiry/renewal details. For these purposes, your data may be confidentially and securely transferred outside the EEA. Please see the full terms and conditions for more information about how we use your personal details.
Amazon Services Europe S.á r.l. is authorised and regulated by the Commissariat aux Assurances in Luxembourg, as an insurance agency of the branch office of London General Insurance Company Limited in Luxembourg. You can check this registration on the website of the Commissariat aux Assurances at www.commassu.lu or by calling the Commissariat aux Assurances at +352 22 69 11 1.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews