Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Amazon Kindle International Charging Kit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Dec 2012, 14:33:40 GMT
Does it charge as fast as the the standard PowerFast charger for the Kindle Fire.

Posted on 2 Feb 2013, 12:35:25 GMT
Arggh! Amazon.com sell this kit with the description "kindle powerfast for international charging". France and Germany Amazon stores list this with the same product description as the UK at present, as though it is the slow charger. I just bought a UK fast charger for home and because we just went to Malta (UK 3pin also). I wanted to use the Fire for guidebooks and keeping in touch with BBC news. I needed to charge it daily and the fast charger was a must, due to the other USB devices we carried, although slightly more bulky.

The UK fast charger looks like the international kit. I've just tried twisting the head of the pin end...it came off....you could position the pins in 4 positions effectively, just like the international kit description. Despite the lack of a technical description, it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...I think it may be the fast charger. Irritating as I would have bought the full kit instead if the marketing had been more accurate, now it makes sense to get an additional one. I have wasted too much dosh buying underpowered adaptors last year due to poor tech specs and reviewers who do not understand the demands of USB 2.0 but think that cheap will always work.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013, 11:31:20 GMT
Got one- inside leaflet says "Kindle Powerfast"...Travel Kit- markings on transformer body (faint just by USB socket) exactly the same as my normal powerfast

Posted on 11 Feb 2013, 18:30:05 GMT
M. Ladyman says:
Does this work for the Paperwhite? It's listed under accessories for Paperwhite but only says Kindle Fire under compatible devices once you're in the product.

Posted on 1 Mar 2016, 23:00:16 GMT
damien55 says:
Is there any cheaper price for this charging kit?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  20 Dec 2012
Latest post:  1 Mar 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers