Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Our new design seamlessly incorporates a reading light into the cover, so you can carry your Kindle Keyboard wherever you go and always have a reading light with you. Simply pull the light out to illuminate Kindle Keyboard when you need it, and slide it away to be invisible when you don't. Since the light draws its power from Kindle Keyboard, no batteries are needed.
The contoured, pebble-grain leather (available in seven different colours) keeps your Kindle Keyboard safe and secure, while the soft charcoal microfibre interior protects the screen from scratches. The cover is designed to fold back, so you can read comfortably with just one hand.
The built-in, retractable LED light pulls out to illuminate Kindle Keyboard, and slides away when not in use.
Never Be Without a Light
A permanent part of the cover, the reading light is located in the top right-hand corner of the back cover. When needed, simply pull the light out and it automatically illuminates, eliminating the need for a separate power switch. To turn the light off, slide it back in to the corner of the cover.
Since the light is powered by Kindle Keyboard's battery, no batteries are needed.
How It Works
The cover's hinge points are gold-plated, to ensure a reliable electrical connection. Gold is used because of its ability to make good electrical contact even with low force, and for its corrosion resistance.
On the Go
You'll never be without a reading light, and since the light draws its power from Kindle Keyboard, no batteries are needed.
Amazon’s official Kindle Keyboard lighted cover features contoured, pebble-grain leather available in seven different colours.
Read Kindle Keyboard easily in the dark with Amazon's revolutionary, all-new lighted leather cover.
The hinge points are gold-plated to ensure a reliable electrical connection. No batteries required.
Read easily with one hand, with or without the light on.
Protect your Kindle Keyboard on the go, and never be without a reading light
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
My first thought on which cover to get was that both the standard and the lighted one were brilliant but about a third too expensive. Looking at the prices I decided that I should economise so I bought the standard cover without the light thinking that I already have a simple clip on light that would do the job fine.
Both the covers (excepting the light) are the same so the following review applies to both models.
The cover arrived (before the Kindle) and it is very very good. It fits the Kindle perfectly and in so doing gives protection. I really like the way that it is styled, the leather is gorgeous, the colours lovely (I bought the burnt orange) and it is so easy to use. It attaches to the Kindle in a matter of seconds, and in use is simplicity. I really like the elastic closure band, no fuss, just does the job. I also really like the way I can fold the cover back, fix it with the band and then either hold the Kindle with one hand or rest it on a cushion or in a book stand for 'hands free' use. The inside of the cover has a lovely 'felty' feel to it, so not only does it completely protect the screen and buttons of the Kindle, but it is also non slip so rests very easily on an angled surface.
Attaching my clip on light was ok, but after only a few days the battery was going down (because I was using the Kindle so much!) so I decided to think again about the lighted cover!
Having initially disregarded the lighted cover due to its cost I began to see the advantages over having a separate light. The light is always there!Read more ›
1) Good quality leather.
2) Swinging lock mechanism works very well and holds kindle in place securely.
3) The cover has been designed so the front cover extends fully backwards so as to overlap the back cover. At first I thought the increased thickness that results would be uncomfortable but I was pleasantly surprised how little you notice the cover when reading in this position.
4) The light (when reading only). Yes it is not evenly distributed over the entire screen but is perfectly adequate for reading at night. The difference in light from the top right hand side of the screen to the bottom left of the screen in my opinion is negligible.(However please see point 2 below for using the keyboard at night)
1) The fastening mechanism - which comprises of what I can only describe as a thick elasticated string. I cannot help but wonder how long this string will last after repeated pulling and releasing. Yes it does the job but surely the designers could have come up with a better fastening mechanism. I hope to be proved wrong and like to think Amazon had some sort of robotic arm which was continually opening and releasing the kindle cover to test its longevity.
2) The light (when using the keyboard only). Although the light is perfectly usable when reading on screen I have found it to be lacking when using the keyboard at night. I have found myself having to strain to distinguish between the keys.
3) Muffled sound from speakers.Read more ›
|Length: 3:00 Mins|
The cover looks good (I like the steel blue colour), is beautifully made and holds the Kindle securely. Reading, both with the cover in the open book position and with the top folded behind the Kindle, is very comfortable. The weight of the Kindle plus the cover is about the same as a 500 page paperback (around 15 ounces), which is fine for me.
I hesitated about whether to get the lighted version or not, but am really glad that I did as the light works very well. It's great for reading in bed at night and and will be extremely useful when I'm away from home. Although the lighting across the screen is uneven, I find the illumination is fine for reading, and the fact that the light is always available (and hidden away when not is use) makes up for this.
Before I got the cover it seemed expensive, but if it stands up well to sustained use it will be worth every penny.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great accessory. It's not that comfortable to use when reading, but it's good protection and the built in light is very useful. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Thomas
The cover is made of excellent quality materials, and fits the kindle perfectly. This is made for the Kindle Keyboard, which has no in built light, so the addition of the pull out... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Stephen
loved this item but unfortunately left my kindle and case in a plane pocket :-( never got it back :-(Published 6 months ago by Ms. J. A. Mullen
Got this at a reduced price during the sale so is fine. Too expensive at the original price thoughPublished 6 months ago by Andrew Baker