Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Grid 2 (PC CD) forum

Amazon Grid2 pre-order DLC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2013 02:59:08 BDT
DJ says:
Does the PC version pre-order of Grid2 via Amazon include the GTR Racing and Indycar Pack DLCs or not?

I find it unclear on Amazon itself whether or not it is the Xbox/PS3 versions only that get the pre-order bonus, with the PC version getting no pre-order bonus at all.

The official gridgame website does not seem to suggest an answer, it just shows UK Amazon/Game/Tesco/Steam preorder DLC variations.

Posted on 24 May 2013 09:01:52 BDT
Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/#!/gridgame/app_328014080634035

Posted on 24 May 2013 17:51:38 BDT
DJ says:
Aye, but it doesn't mention PC/PS3/Xbox variations...

Posted on 24 May 2013 17:55:00 BDT
DJ says:
Scrub that, Amazon have answered me already - "No!" - off to Steam then...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2013 07:34:38 BDT
How did they answer you?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2013 11:14:57 BDT
DJ says:
I sent an email to Amazon customer support who double checked for me and quickly confirmed (24/05/13) that the pre-order DLC is Xbox/PS3 only. I'll use my vouchers for something else...

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2013 11:09:06 BDT
So - extras for getting an out of date platform? Codemasters said the extras should be available separately later anyway.

Posted on 28 May 2013 13:43:24 BDT
DJ says:
Indeed. Have you seen the likely price of the DLCs though? Based on FX likely to be ~£4.99 each apparently. If you feel you need the extras then pre-order is the best value imho. Role on Friday...

Posted on 1 Jun 2013 17:12:18 BDT
S. Bushell says:
Considering gridgame.com mentioned they would be giving us all a free DLC for pre-ordering via Tesco's, Amazon and Steam it is extremely disappointing that when we finally get the game (a day late by the way, thanks Amazon) to receive none whatsoever.

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 04:21:04 BDT
DJ says:
Yep, gridgame site was very vague and not specific between versions of the game. Frankly, with money tight and limited gaming budget, i'm fed up of having to research and compare pre-order bonus DLC between retailers as a cost factor. You don't always get "exactly what it says on the tin" unless you dig a little deeper. Hence I checked this with Amazon before pre-ordering - once bitten twice shy!

I reckon game developers, in this case Codies, use pre-order DLC variation between retailers simply to generate increased marketing hype as gamers scramble and post on forums in order to 'work out' the best deal for them.

I don't believe retailers being able to offer "exclusive content" to boost their own sales is actually a factor any more. (unless Amazon wish to correct me?)

Creative Assemblies/Sega's TW:Rome II is hopefully the way forward... "Those gamers who pre-order any edition from participating retailers will receive ROME II's first DLC for free alongside the game on release day," key word being "any!"

I can only empathise Bushell, but hopefully you too are enjoying Grid 2? It looks stunning, and hopefully the 1st patch will sort the needed tweaks. Lots of future DLC promised as well.

Grid 2 (PC CD)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Grid 2 (PC CD) forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  24 May 2013
Latest post:  2 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grid 2 (PC CD)
Grid 2 (PC CD) by Codemasters Limited (Windows 2000 / 7 / 98)
3.4 out of 5 stars (54)