Amazon Fire Game Controller (1st Generation - 2014 Release)
|Price:||£34.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Play more games - The Amazon Fire Game Controller doubles the number of games you can play on your Fire TV, including Minecraft - Pocket Edition and Asphalt 8
- Full set of controls - Featuring dual analogue sticks and all the controls a gamer would expect, plus illuminated player indicators for multiplayer gaming
- Affordable games - Many games are available to play for free and paid games start from only £0.59
- Leaderboards and achievements - The Amazon GameCircle button lets you instantly track progress and compare scores with friends and millions of other gamers
- Long battery life - Auto-sleep with instant-wake maximises play time, providing up to 55 hours with the included AA batteries
There is a newer version of this item:
Top Customer Reviews
For that price I expect better.
I'll persevere with it and see if more regular use will make it better, but my initial belief is that it will end up in a drawer.
As stated elsewhere this has really awkward button feel. They stick the d-pad is terrible and the joystick are floppy and just not right.
But the main reason I am sending mine back is that for some incredibly odd reason when pressing the play pause button it turns my TV ON and OFF!?!! It's so weird. It's a 2008/9 Phillips so no idea why its doing it... it's not even bluetooth.
Also even 7 months after release, there seems to be a massive lack of games that actually use this thing properly. When Apple release theirs ATV4 with Appstore... you can bet there will be hundreds of good games.
The actual Fire TV player is great though. Keeping that.
Worst of all! there is no definition sheet with the controller. Do you imagine that everyone who buys a game controller knows instinctively what does what? Many purchasers of Fire TV will be older people as I am. Just a simple instruction sheet would do! we don't need an encyclopaedia; but not everyone knows instinctively how an Xbox controller works, although the online fraternity "assume" this is the case. Do some work on it - It does have the potential!!
The idea is great - that it opens up the number of games that can be played, and gives the opportunity to be able to get lots of low price games to play through the fire TV. It is wireless and not too heavy in the hand. You can also use it as a remote control for media like music and videos. It looks and feels good out of the box.
On the negative side, it is really hard to control! My partner was expecting great things from it in this area and has been left disappointed. Both the right and left analogue sticks are not easy - they aren't accurate and are just difficult to use. The d pad is stiff. It is a very frustrating user experience!
Overall, it promised great things but the physical functions need tweaking a bit.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Necessary if you'd like to play some of the more "sophisticated" games on the Fire TV.
The shape is great. Read more
Used this since day one with my Amazon Fire TV, Highly recommend if you plan to use for gaming, mine is still fully working, build quality is excellent, even the original batteries... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Mr D V W B