Amazon Echo (2nd generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal Fabric
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Amazon Echo connects to Alexa-a cloud-based voice service-to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Just ask for a song, artist or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on Echo devices in different rooms, available for Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify; Bluetooth not supported. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefings and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker with Dolby processing that fills the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and delivers crisp vocals, deep bass, and clear highs at louder volumes.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction-even while music is playing.
- Just ask Alexa to control your compatible smart lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to request an Uber, order a pizza, get train times, and more.
Compare Echo Dot, Amazon Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Spot & Echo Show
|Overview||Echo Dot (2nd Generation), add Alexa to any room in the house||Amazon Echo (2nd Generation), a hands-free Alexa-enabled speaker designed to fit any room||The simple way to start your smart home||Stylish and compact Echo with a screen||Everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things|
|Speaker size||0.6" tweeter||2.5" woofer, 0.6" tweeter||2.5" woofer, 0.8" tweeter||1.4" speaker||Dual 2.0" speakers|
|Screen size||2.5" screen||7.0" screen|
|Dual-speakers with room-filling sound, powered by Dolby|
|Play video from Amazon Video and more|
|Streaming Wi-Fi music (including Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more)|
|Line-out with 3.5 mm cable or Bluetooth||Bluetooth only|
|Audio calls between Echo Devices and Alexa App|
|Video calls to supported devices|
|Built-in hub for simple setup of compatible ZigBee connected smart home devices|
|Compatible with most smart home brands|
|Device size/weight (Actual size and weight may vary)||32 x 84 x 84 mm, 163 grams||148 x 88 x 88 mm, 821 grams||235 x 84 x 84 mm, 954 grams||104 x 97 x 91 mm, 420 grams||187 x 187 x 90 mm, 1170 grams|
148 x 88 x 88 mm
Supports 802.11 a/b/g/n. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
2.5” woofer and 0.6” tweeter
The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available in all areas and may require separate subscriptions or other fees.
Warranty and Service
Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) is sold with a limited warranty of one year provided by the manufacturer. If you are a consumer, the limited warranty is in addition to your consumer rights, and does not jeopardise these rights in any way. This means you may still have additional rights at law even after the limited warranty has expired (for further information on your consumer rights, click here. Use of Amazon Echo is subject to the terms found here.
Included in the Box
Amazon Echo, Echo Shell, power adaptor/cable (1.8 m), Things to Try card and Quick Start Guide.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Alexa is fantastic! I’m a keen home cook/baker and have found Alexa indispensable. She’s improved my quality of life in the kitchen and I honestly wouldn’t be without her now.
Some of her best features include:
* being able to set up multiple reminders - ‘Alexa, remind me to add garlic in 3 minutes’, ‘Alexa, remind me to flip the frittata in 10 minutes’ etc. No more having to check phone with dirty hands!
* or simply set an alarm for when you need to remove food from oven or hob.
* converting units - a lot of recipes online use US measurements, so now I’m able to convert to metric in an instant without using a search engine (e.g. ‘Alexa, convert one cup of flour to grams).
* shopping lists - as soon as I notice that I’ve run out of something, I’m able to add it to a list immediately. No more forgetting to write things down!
* ask for calorie counts - e.g. ‘Alexa, how many calories in 200g of butter?’
* countless Skills available for recipes, drink mixing, cooking times...
* can play music, the radio, read the news - some great background noise for cooking!
* can connect to and control a Sonos speaker
I was also surprised by her responsiveness in terms of ‘waking up’ and carrying out instructions. I find her way more advanced than the AI on my smartphone. Incredibly easy to set up, too!
Oh, and Alexa understands my Welsh accent perfectly!
THANKS AMAZON ECHO!
Voice recognition is really good - you can speak to it across a large noisy room and it will do its stuff. It does occasionally 'do its own thing', which can be quite funny depending on what you're asking for,
I thought that speaking to a device would be feel really dumb, but in areas like kitchens where you're hands are usually occupied, it's actually really handy to control it without having to physically interact with anything.
Combined with Amazon Music, it will play pretty-much anything you ask of it, although it might struggle with very obscure/foreign music.
It can also be used as a regular bluetooth speaker to control from your phone/tablet.
Weather reports, news and music radio stations are a great feature, and it's nice to know it will get more abilities over time as skill apps are added.
Wife thought it was just a gimmick when I ordered it, but I think she uses it more than I do now.
Can't really fault this product, especially at the Prime Day deal price.
The software is getting updated constantly but there is room for improvement. For example why can't I internet search something? I can understand them wanting to lock out google but there are alternatives. 3rd party skills are there but still quite limited (not really to do with Amazon though). Either way I trust there will be software support for a long time so I am happy to adopt the product early.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Shame that we didn’t wait til Prime Day for reduced price !