AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A to B Cable (2.7 m / 9 Feet)
Size: 2.7 m / 9 Feet|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 18 May 2017
Works fine to connect a hub - Anker® 60W 7-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 3 PowerIQ Charging Ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, and More to my laptop. I have used all the ports at the same time and they all work perfectly and with no noticed loss of data transfer speed, I needed a longer cable to place my drives etc. was from my cluttered desk and this cable did the job.
on 21 August 2015
After a nasty drive corruption on my external USB 3.0 Orico box I thought the drive had gone faulty. The SMART read errors were mounting daily and alarmingly. It finally came down to the cable and I ordered this "basic" cable which is actually pretty good quality. The daily errors ceased immediately. It's therefore worth making sure that any USB 3 cable you put before any HDD is of good quality and bear in mind that if you do get the read errors or corruption it could just be that. I am surprised that my cable just went duff overnight, it doesn't get moved or kicked or damaged where it is so it's a bit of a lesson for me.
Cable here is good and I've bought a USB 3 essential from their basic range before and was impressed enough to go for this.
on 15 September 2015
This is an unbiased review.

This is a superb cable some manufacturers offer a flimsy lightweight and often low quality cables. However Amazon basics is synonymous with quality and this is no exception.

The heads of the cables are firm thick plastic with absolutely no sign of warping and are so robust that I’m sure will last the test time.

The cable itself is clad in thick rubber which was not as flexible as some models does provide extra protection and robustness. As a further benefit of the cable is very unlikely to kink due to its thickness.

Where the cable meets the head there is a very secure joy of found that some cables come loose at this point whether this model shows no sign of this likely to happen.

I replaced an older model with this new cable and I have to say there are no more dropouts on my USB external drive thanks to this cable unable to get the highest amount of data throughput.

I would say that given the price there is nothing comparable for the type of quality you have here go ahead and buy one not be disappointed
on 23 December 2017
Bought this to replace the USB 3.0 cable supplied with an LG BE14NS40 14 x USB 3.0 Desktop Blu-ray Rewriter with 3D Playback I bought nearly four years ago, when the existing cable eventually became unreliable following very heavy use. The LG works fine, and is now back to writing and playing Blu-rays and DVDs with its usual reliability. The new cable is slightly longer than the original, which means there is less physical strain on it than on the original cable and no twisting. Very happy with it.
on 13 March 2017
The cable will repeatedly disconnect and reconnect non-stop, it ruined my 8GB flash drive date, luckily there was some trash stuff on the flash drive so I did not lose any important data.
It was tested on my Acer XB271HU monitor (Which has 4 USB 3.0 ports built-in), which worked fine with the 1 meter cable that I received in the box of the monitor, but I needed a 3 meter cable so I bought this one, but it does not work.
on 7 March 2016
Worked exactly as expected.

I am using it to hide a 4TB hard drive away from my living room where my Xbox One sits (other AV equipment is hidden away). The length was key for this. The only thing to note is the cable is a little thicker than the free cables that normally come with USB 3.0 devices. Also, the Amazon logo sits in a little bubbled label on the A side (e.g. part that connects to the computer). This might be a concern if your computer's motherboard doesn't have loads of space but you should be able to swap cables around to make this work.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2017
Does precisely what I wanted it to do, connects a USB 3.0 item to my laptop without taking up extra space on my desktop. Data transfer is satisfactorily fast, and the cable fits both the unit and the USB Hub nice and tight without wobbling in the socket. Moulding is clean, and good quality. Well worth the money.
on 29 November 2014
On the strength of the reviews here I purchased this (9ft, 2.27m) to connect to an external hard drive. I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. As others have said, this cable is quite thick, the connectors look fine and appear quite strong, I doubt they'll break anytime soon.

The most important thing though is what's the speed like? Some other USB cables on here have bad reviews because they are very slow. Using CrystalDiskMark with my ICYBox external HD the WD Green 2TB HDD shows a sequential read speed of 121.4MB/s and a write speed of 117.7MB/s. This compares very favourably with SATA 3.0 speeds for a WD Green HDD.

So I'm very happy with the speed achieved with this cable. Highly recommended. Next time I need a USB cable I'll definitely buy Amazon Basics.
on 31 August 2017
Brilliant cable, using it with my MacBook Air to connect an Aukey 7 port powered USB 3 hub which has several hard drives connected and there is no loss of speed at all! Works just as well as the cable that was originally supplied with the hub, and overall it's a great cheap cable that does the job!
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 January 2015
Bought to replace a device lead of similar length that appears to be currently missing. There were no qualms as longer versions of the same product had been previously purchased. Unlike an older version, the contacts are now gold-plated which denies their 'Basic' description.

Works immediately and as it should, and a repeat purchase would be a certainty as and when the need arises. Several others were purchased some time after the original review was written.