The Amazing Spider-Man 1-2 [Blu-ray]
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Amazing Spider-Man:
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. When Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp.
Blu-ray Special Features
The Amazing Spider-Man:
- The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App, including interviews, storyboards, alternate takes, costume tests, pre-visualization sequences and more.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary with Marc Webb, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including “Peter Meets His Father”
- “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” – Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” – A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” – An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” – From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” – Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” – Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Me personally I loved them, and for me they are much better than the original Spider-man trilogy, which were average at best.
The first of the two films is entertaining but personally I feel it is lacking something that would make it great. The film is pretty much a basic origin story that does a reasonably decent job of introducing the setting and the characters and has some nice action scenes coupled with some nice humour. The special effects of the film are a good as you would expect for a modern film with the effects for the Lizard being particularly good. There are two main problems that I have with film however. The first is that it the relationship between Peter and Felicia doesn't seem to develop naturally, it just happens. The other problem I have is that the film, while spectacular in places, it feels very insular and small-scale, especially when compared to other more recent superhero films. While Andrew Garfield does a great job of playing Spider-Man, I feel that he doesn't seem to get Peter Parker quite right. All the other actors perform there rolls relatively will with the best being Martin Sheen doing a great job as Uncle Ben and Rhys Ifans doing an equally good job as Doctor Curtis Connors. For special features the first film includes Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentary, Stunt Rehearsals and Production Art.
While the first film is good, the second is even better with superior action set pieces and a better villain than its predecessor. The film has all the usual humour you would expect from a Spider-Man film and although the most emotional part of the film is a little obvious to anyone who has any knowledge of the comics, it still has some impact to it. The special effects are brilliant in the film, especially for Electro. On the downside I did feel that the inclusion of Green Goblin and Rhino felt a little tacked on, with their appearance mainly to set things up for a 'Sinister Six' film, although whether this is still on the cards is unknown as Spider-Man will now be getting another reboot to fit him into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As well as this I thought that the film was a little overlong and could probably have done with some trimming here and there (especially in the epilogue section), and the brief inclusion of Felicia Hardy felt quit unnecessary. I also thought that Dane Dehaan wasn't that great as Harry Osborn. For special features the second film includes Audio Commentary, Deleted Scenes and the music video for Alicia Keys' It's On Again.
Overall I feel that the two 'Amazing Spider-Man' movies are very entertaining but not perfect films that are worth around four and a half stars in all.
However, wanted to surprise the hubby for our wedding anniversary, so bought these as an extra - and we weren't disappointed. I've always liked that 'Spidey' has a sense of humour, and am glad that this comes across. Also like how they show he's not just 'big show-stopping, crime-fighter' superhero, but he's willing to help in smaller matters as well, so the 'friendly, neighbourhood Spiderman' is evident. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews