2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Amacam AM-M80 1.5-Inch Screen Miniature HD Dash Cam Car Video Recorder Supports up to 32GB Memory Cards
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ⭐️ COMPACT & INCONSPICUOUS: The Latest in Quality Compact Design of Dash Cameras from Amacam...
- ⭐️ HIGH DEFINITION RECORDING: Using a 120° Wide Angle View Lens. The Amacam AM-M80 is Perfect for Providing You with Instant 720p Video Footage While on the Road.
- ⭐️ EASY REMOVAL: The Camera Can Be Easily Removed from the Suction or Adhasive Mount le for Security Reasons.
- ⭐️ RELIABLE & SIMPLE INSTALLATION: A Bright 1.5" LCD Screen to View the Menu and Adjust the Cameras Settings. Delivering Clear Video Images.
- ⭐️ ALWAYS ON GUARD: As Soon as You Begin Your Journey the Camera will Faithfully Record and Store for the Duration of the Trip.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Your Search For a Cost Effective Miniature On Dash Cam is Over Look No Further
• Plug and Play
• Records Every Journey
• Will Not Obstruct Your Driving View
• Not Easily Noticed by Other Motorists
• Decrease Your Chance of Liability & Litigation
Never Be Without Your Cam
You can rely on the AM-M80 for your peace of mind & safety. Should you encounter unfortunate situations, you need these recorded. This is useful & extremely valuable. Record beautiful countryside views to share with your family & friends.
With a sudden impact, the G-Sensor is automatically activated. The video capture will be saved then stored with a time and date stamp. A statement of fact that will be invaluable in your defence.
• Display 1.5" TFT LCD
• Resolution 720P
• Angle 120°
• Rotation 90°
• AVI - 24 fps
• Supports Micro SD Card to 32GB
• Loop Recording
• Auto Start Recording
• Built in Speaker
• Built in Battery 3.7V 300mAh
In The Box
• AM-M80 Car Cam
• USB Cable
• Power Cable
• Mounting Bracket
• Memory Card Not Included
We recommend that the memory card is a genuine high quality brand. Class 10. The card should be formatted every 2 weeks. This will assist with the loop recording cycle stability and performance.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I’ll attach a matched pair of photos (crops from the left hand side of the frame), taken, just after sunrise, on my early morning drive to work. The left hand image comes from an E-Prance G1W dashcam (currently about the same price as the Amacam) E-PRANCE® New G1W Novatek 2.7" Car Dashcamera Driving Recorder + 1920*1080P 30FPS + G-sensor + Car License Plate + MOV + 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens + Night Vision + H.264 Color Black and the right hand image comes from the Amacam. The cameras were mounted side by side on my windscreen – and, as near as possible, I’ve tried to match the snapshot timing to capture the same frame from the respective videos. The E-Prance is sharp and clear – it offers much better dynamic range than the Amacam – the number plate of the nearest car is readable (at least it is in the original photo ... it may be less so once Amazon have shrunk the image to fit their frame) whereas the Amacam offers an altogether darker, fuzzier picture. In my copy of the Amacam, the image quality worsens considerably towards the right of the frame (not shown in the photo). Either the lens was faulty or the image chip was not seated ‘flat’ on the circuit board. The generally darker image suggests that the Amacam is less sensitive to light – making its value in night time driving all the more questionable. Plainly there are better cameras out there that cost no more than the Amacam (the E-Prance is certainly one of them) – so don’t waste your money on this dud.
Night vision is pretty poor but you can make out other vehicles although anything moving is blurred.
Infact even daylight whilst not blurring captured motion has a slight judder to it.
YES I REMOVED THE LENS PROTECTIVE FILM!!
The power lead is 3m long.
It always shuts down after 10 seconds of loosing power no matter what you set the device to do upon power loss. Some people think it's the battery that's at fault. It's not. Pressing the on button again restarts the device on battery and it runs for quite while.
Interestingly the latest Firmware April 2016 on Amacam site removes the shut down after power loss option.
One last thing it's not 1080P it's 720 and the 1080P option simply upscales the picture.
It is small though and mounted behind a rear view mirror doesn't attract attention.
That's about it's only advantage.
Ok niggles, I have it on 3 minute loops, but some clips are seconds long, not written correctly etc. There is a firmware update to fix this, but that actually made it Worse!
The overall picture quality is really poor, unless you are on the bumper of the car in front, you can't read their registration number and that is on the highest quality setting. I didn't realise this is the 0801 based chip, the very early version, if I had known that, I would have given it a miss, my fault for not not researching it fully. You can see from the attached picture how low the quality is, you 'should' be able to read the prices of fuel on the sign from this distance. The night vision is even worse, I'll attach some pictures and video from our trip to Mablethorpe, sadly I can only update 1 video.
If I press the button to protect a recording, this doesn't actually seem to do anything. There were a couple of close calls I wanted to capture so pressed the button, but I couldn't see my image anywhere on the card, the only way I could find it was to stitch them together and wade through it to find the moment. (oh and there is no software to do this, you have to figure this our yourself).
To sum up, if this is on offer and you want to dip your toe into the world of dash cam's then, by all means get this camera, but if you want something reliable with images that might help you with an insurance claim or court case, I'd spend a little more and check out the 0806 Chipped versions.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews