on 11 January 2018
Originally heard about this book on the BBC Radio 2 Jeremy Vine show.

It's well written and explains death to children (and some adults too) in a way that's really gentle and helps them know about the feelings surrounding the loss of a loved one.
on 12 March 2017
Love this book. My sons have just lost their Nanny and this really helpes my 3 year old. He's decided that Nanny and fox are together
on 11 December 2013
I didn't like the words "cold and still" when they found mr. fox under the tree. I changed these words to make it more suitable for my children. Overall it is a very good book that explains death and bereavement at a level children understand. The illustrations are excellent as well.
on 21 February 2016
Beautifully written and illustrated. The perfect book to support my 4 year old Granddaughter with the Loss of our dear Westie.
on 4 April 2018
Lovely story to help children deal with loss of a friend. I bought a few for children in her class.
on 14 April 2018
Bought this for friend who had lost their husband/dad . A lovely book
on 13 January 2018
delightful childrens book and has helped many children deal with the loss of someone special
on 9 March 2013
At first I was a bit concerned how detailed the book was about the death of fox. But the children I care for like the book. I am a childminder and I have a family going through a very difficult time. The story has helped not only the child that is going through this very sad time but all of the other children in my care too.
on 10 December 2015
Such a sweet book. Bought for a friends little girl (6 years) whose dad had died as it helps address the issue of loss in such a sensitive and child friendly way. Would recommend.
on 2 April 2018