Altec Lansing inMotion Classic III Portable Dock for iPods/iPhones with 30 pin dock connector - Black/Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The Altec Lansing inMotion Classic III is a portable dock for all iPhones and iPods. It features a clever spring-loaded connector which you can push away when transporting the unit to protect the pins and ensure you get a great connection every time
- The 7 hour lithium ion battery integrated into the dock means that you can get great sound without a power cable. Perfect if you want to sit in the garden, take it to a friend's house or simply move room-to-room
- The 3.5mm auxiliary connector allows you to connect a second audio device
- The included remote is cleverly housed in the rear of the unit, and held in magnetically so you don't lose it
- The stand on the inMotion Classic III flips up to sit flush with the back panel of the unit, making it easy to carry
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The truth is that even if I had set my expectations as high as I could this dock would have surpassed them even at the price. It is quite simply the best dock I have ever heard. The way it picks up every single element of the sound from the lowest Bass note up is unbelievably good. Whatever you play on this from Metal to Classical, and all points in between on the musical spectrum, will be crystal clear and reproduced in a way that makes the humblest MP3 or iPod sound like the best midi system. Another advantage is that through the connection at the back you can plug in any MP3, not just an iPod.
The most minor of moans that I have is that the remote is a little hit and miss when it comes to raising and lowering the volume, but once you get used to that its not really a problem.
Would I have paid full price for this? On reflection, absolutely and I can give no higher praise than that.
Sound quality-wise I can't really fault it. Considering its size and intended purpose it provides clear playback. If you're an audio snob who wants to hear every note of a performance then maybe you'll be disappointed, but if you were I doubt you'd you be listening to an iPod in the first place. If all you want to do is fill a room or space with sound then the inMotion Classic III will happily do that for you.
Looks wise its also pretty good, if hardly striking. For the most part matt black and with a long but relatively shallow profile it seems intended to blend into the background rather than be a stand-out piece of cutting edge design. It functional rather than flash.
This is best epitomised by two nice little design features; the pop out dock and the magnetic cubby-hole for the remote-control. The former has two advantages. Firstly it prevents you from accidentally damaging the iPod connector when the dock is in transit and secondly it means that you don't get a build up of dust and dirt around the dock when its not in use (something all my various iPod docks have been prone to). The remote control storage is even better however, as it improves the portability of the entire device.Read more ›
Anyway - the positives of this unit are:
- It looks good. It has decent build quality, and doesn't have the 'cheap' look that some other sound docks have.
- Sound and size. It can fill a room for everyday listening (you wouldn't want to host a party with it though) and is small enough and portable enough to take away on holiday. It also has a remote control, though this feels a bit superfluous to me.
However, insofar as I have niggles they come when comparing it to my Altec Lansing IMT320. Now my 320 is no way as pretty as this inMotion Classic and doesn't have a remote, but at the end of the day it is between a half and two thirds of the price. My 320 is more portable (better protected) and the sound is every bit as good at everyday volumes. So whilst I am happy with this unit if I was on a budget and could only have one I would go with the 320 as I couldn't really jusify the price premium on the inMotion Classic III for the difference you get.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
had to send one back as it did not work. the new one stopped working after a few months and the company did not even reply to my email explaining that it was faulty.Published 6 days ago by Emma T.
I still have a trusty iPod with the old-style connector. My old portable dock finally died. I bought this 6 months ago. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Dr T.
Bought it for my husband as a wedding gift. He had before speakers of the same brand.
What I like is:
1. Looks cool, good size.
2. Sound is pretty good. Read more
The item is as described by many of the other reviewers, excellent quality and the sound takes some beating for the money. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Adele Birki n-Hart
Easy to use excellent sound for such a small device. Would recommend this productPublished 8 months ago by Critical Eye
this is a great i dock. sound is good for such a small system, deep and plenty of bass, not tinny at all. Read morePublished 8 months ago by natmills
Excellent . Nice and compact, great sound. Ideal for holidays and gardenPublished 9 months ago by Jacqueline Phillips