Along Came A Spider
|Price:||£8.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
`Along Came A Spider' is Alice Cooper's 30th album and is a classic Cooperesque `love story' about Spider, a serial killer. His trademark is wrapping his victims in silk, and his victims are specifically chosen to feed his hunger to kill. But, upon meeting his (possibly) last victim, he falls in love with her and cannot kill to complete his plan. That could be his demise.
Co-producers Danny Saber and Greg Hampton have also co-written several of the album's songs with Alice; Danny Saber, best known for his role as member & producer of Black Grape, has also worked with many artists including the Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, David Bowie, and Madonna. Additionally, several songs on the album were co-written by Alice and his band.
* This album is a sonic cross between `Billion Dollar Babies' and `Brutal Planet'.- co-produced by Greg Hampton and Danny Saber, who is best known for his role as member and producer of Black Grape, and has also worked with many artists, including the Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, David Bowie, and Madonna.
* `Along Came a Spider' features a harmonica solo by Ozzy Osbourne on the song `Wake The Dead', which Ozzy also co-wrote with Alice and Danny Saber.
* Alice Cooper's songs have been covered by artists as diverse as Smashing Pumpkins, Megadeth, The Melvins, Guns N' Roses, Joan Jett and Tori Amos.
* Backing vocals are provided by Bernard Fowler, who has sung with The Rolling Stones for over 20 years!!!
* Album artwork by Piggy D (Rob Zombie bassist)
Top Customer Reviews
A serial killer named Spider is the focus of the album and seems to be sung in a first person perspective.
Musically the album dips into Alice's past.
1. Prologue/I Know Where You Live: Great guitar riff and seventies style lead.I believe there is even some tambourine in there!!!
2. Vengeance Is Mine: This could belong on Dragontown, great melody
3. Wake The Dead: Sixties psychedelic feel with vocals that match, good guitar riff and nice bass work.
4. Catch Me If You Can:Pretty straight rock song, good chorus with intelligent guitar breaks.
5. (In Touch With) Your Feminine Side:Good chorus and another seventies groove!
6. Wrapped In Silk:Excellent bass work and great guitar interplay.
7. Killed By Love:The ballad!!! Actually works well and is helped by nice backing vocals and a great Alice vocal.
8.I am Hungry:To my ears, a definite nod to the original ACG,nice Bruce type riff. A good measured lead solo.
9. The One That Got Away:Good melodies and a fine arrangement, a seventies feel again!
10. Salvation: This sounds as though it could of sat quite happily on the Go to Hell album, nice drum work, mixed with inventive bass playing and a big chorus!
11. I Am The Spider/Epilogue:A zombie feel and a deliberate plodding and down beat(what do you expect, its about a serial killer),with another great guitar riff!
This album demands many listen to fully appreciate all its wonders, to me this is the most satisfying Alice album in years, and like any truly great album it makes you work to fully explore its brilliance.
There is a real retro feel that is offset by clean and modern production.If you listen through head phones it brings another dimension to the sound!
He's stuck to his road band for this trip to the studio, so Kiss drummer Eric Singer, bassist Chuck Garric and guitarists Keri Kelli and Jason Hook handle the majority of the work on the album. And all that time spent touring has paid off. They sound like a proper band, not just a bunch of session guys who've popped in to pay the bills. There is room for some guests, though, and Guns n' Roses / Velvet Revolver fella Slash lays down an excellent solo on "Vengeance Is Mine", one of the highlights on the album. In a novel twist Ozzy Osborne whips out his mouth organ for some, well, pedestrian harmonica work on "Wake The Dead", where he also gets a co-writing credit.
It's a surprisingly heavy album, especially considering that for studio album number 25, Alice has brought in a new production team in the shape of Danny Saber, formerly of Black Grape, and Greg Hampton who's been working on an album project teaming up ex Guns n' Roses guitarist Buckethead and Bootsy Collins. But any fears that this would end up a dance crossover are firmly dashed, despite some heavy synth work on "Catch Me If You Can", which I'm sure will get pushed as a single.Read more ›
I will rate each song and explain why:-
1. Prologue / I Know Where You Live 10/10 - What a brilliant opener to the album, really is fantastic, the song has an introduction to the album's theme 'THE SPIDER KILLER' HAHA!
2. Vengeance Is Mine (Feat. Slash) 10/10 - This song is just fantastic, the guitar is brilliant the lyrics are good. The chorus is really catchy. Well Done indeed! Also Slash what a fantastic guitarist!
3. Wake the Dead (Feat. Ozzy Osbourne) 10/10 - This is a brilliant song, the lyrics are good. The song has some good bass at some points in the song. The chorus is really good, worth a listen to.
4. Catch Me If You Can 10/10 - This is such a great song, this has such a great fast paced, catchy chorus, gets ya right into it. 100% worth a listen to.
5. (In Touch with) Your Feminine Side 10/10 - This song has a great guitar solo, got cheeky verses, its really good to listen to.
6. Wrapped in Silk 10/10 - This is actually a good song, wasn't keen on this song at first, but it grows on you as you keep listening to it. You won't be let down by Alice.
7. Killed By Love 10/10 - The 1st ballad on the album.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Along Came A Spider has more of a heavier and much cleaner edge to it. There is great production on this album from Greg Hampton, Danny Saber and Alice Cooper. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mr. S. Cavalli
Some catchy parts to an album but a let down compared to the previous four albums. The real let down is in the lyrics. It's as if a 14 year old was writing about a serial killer.Published 20 months ago by Stuart
Alice is back again, but his form is slipping just a little bit. After the virtuosity of his first four 21st Century albums, `Along Came a Spider' is a much simpler affair. Read morePublished on 29 Aug. 2014 by B. S. Marlay
Standard fare from AC - one outstanding track "Wake the Dead" rest is just "going though the motions".Published on 9 July 2014 by Out standing in my field