- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (7 Nov. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1107659434
- ISBN-13: 978-1107659438
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 2.5 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 486,097 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Allegory of Love: A Study In Medieval Tradition (Canto Classics) Paperback – 7 Nov 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A classic study of the allegorical power of love in literature, traced through major works of the medieval and Renaissance periods, by one of the major literary critics of the twentieth century.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Of course, a book that's almost seventy years old isn't exactly at the cutting edge of research. Things move on, even in mediaeval studies,and some of his conclusions have their critics. Still,
This made me curious and decided to read some literature on courtly love, dating, etiquette and what not then i stumbled across THE ALLEGORY OF LOVE by C.S. Lewis. I must say after reading the sample i straight away decided to buy this book and read further and from that day since i have not regretted it. Its a wonderful book very insightful and logical. It presents the whole idea of courtly love on a background of Christianity and just plain logic, 1 + 1 = 2. Its a lovely book. I love it.