on 5 November 2014
I had only ever read one of Cora's books before reading this one but I enjoyed it so much that every book she brings out I try and get my grubby hands on it and this one was no different. I'm glad I did get this book as I loved it...

I do feel as though the cover is a little bit cheesy but I can imagine the couple on the front cover is Carson and Dallas. I do like the font used for the title as it reminds me sport which is heavily involved in this story.

I can't believe I forgot to do a review for this book (but in my defence I thought I already had) and that it took me so long to read it as there was nothing wrong with this book and as a matter of fact I loved it. From the very beginning I felt strongly invested in the story as I was completely hooked and just wanted everything to turn out the way I felt like it needed to end. Even though there was an instant attraction between the two main characters it still felt like it was longer before they felt anything more than lust for one another even if it wasn't as long as what I had initially thought. The chemistry between these two characters definitely felt like it jumped out of the pages even when they wouldn't admit to their feelings I felt like us the reader knew better. For some strange reason I love books that are sport related as I can't stand to watch most sports but it doesn't seem to matter when reading about the sports. I think the reason why I love the sports related books is because I feel like I can feel their passion in what they want to do and it adds another dimension to the book. All Lined Up isn't just about sport and romance but also about the relationship between father and daughter as well as pressure you get from family and team mates. What I really enjoyed about this book is that it made me laugh out loud but there was also some really heartbreaking parts as well which sure kept me on my toes. I loved the ending as it felt like a lot of things was cleared up but not everything was perfect which makes me want to see if we find out more about hose in the up and coming books even if they are from different characters perspectives I'm sure we will still see more from Carson or least hear about him.

I loved the two main characters as well as some of the side characters but there was a couple that I couldn't warm up to main one being Levi not sure I even want him to get his own book. I loved Dallas's character as even though on the outside she seems fine but the more we find out about here everything is far from fine with her making her a more real character. Carson I absolutely adored he was so sweet as I am used to the male characters in New Adult books being the bad guy but he is far from a bad boy but I love him all the same. There was a couple of characters that I wasn't too sure about but then by the end they really grew on me which I'm pleased about as one of those characters was Silas and his book is next!

Overall another hit from Cora Carmack and now I need to read some more of her books and I hope that is sooner rather than later.
on 6 July 2014
I pre-ordered this book, as soon as I could. I've become a fan of Cora's new adult novels in the last year. I was introduced to the Losing It series via twitter and I read the three novels in quick succession, so it was a no brainer that I would be reading this. I was also told by a friend that the male MC Carson was her favourite of Cora's so far so it was also a challenge to see if he could out do Jackson Hunt from Finding It!

The story is about Dallas Cole and Carson McClain. The two meet at Rusk University where to begin with they both know very little about each other. Dallas is hampered by her father's reputation as football coach and is trying to get out from under his strict rules about how she can live her life and Carson is from a family not swimming in cash, trying to prove his skill on the football field is worthy of a scholarship to see him achieve his dream.

The characters have this instant connection when they first meet, not just a chemistry but on a deeper level too, born out of common personality traits. I liked that neither character knew much about the other allowing them to form a relationship and bond that wasn't based on preconceptions made by either of them. I got swept up in their first meeting right along side them and enjoyed that palpable chemistry that was set there and then.

Throughout the story you get a feel for both characters and their feelings about each other, and their goals and dreams for their time at university, through the dual narration. I love a story that has a dual POV, especially when you get one side of the story form the male lead character because it almost feels sneaky getting to see what he's thinking. It worked well in the story because both characters have a lot more going on than meets the eye, and than what they both reveal to each other in the beginning of the story - so you get to know them both as individuals too.

Although both characters do take part in some of the stereotypical college things like frat parties and football parades Cora embraces some of the deeper and not always evident issues that college students face, high expectations and insecurity. It's not written in a patronising or judgemental manner but more like someone who has already been there and been through it all. I think that facing the reality of being a student is what New Adult is about, you're finding yourself and your way in the world, and it won't always be perfect or work out first time but there's almost always someone who has been in your shoes too.

The relationship between Dallas and Carson quickly becomes romantic in the face of their undeniable chemistry but it remains more of a romantic relationship than a physical relationship throughout the story until nearer the end. I loved that Carson totally went against all of the footballer stereotypes and looked out for Dallas and her feelings.

New adult novels are something that I've just been introduced to in the last year and I love them, probably mostly because it's my age range. It you enjoy new adult and haven't read any of Cora's novels before you should definitely give the all a go!
on 15 January 2015
I’d been wanting to read All Lined Up since it was first released and eventually managed to snag it a couple of months ago on kindle really cheap – I’m sure it was like 59p – so you know I couldn’t say no to that. But it was a very well spent 59p because All Lined Up was just as good as I was hoping it would be.

Dallas Cole has grown up around nothing but football. Her father coach football and her ex-boyfriend is a quarterback but for Dallas, she hates the sport because she’s always comes second to it. Moving to Rusk University is supposed to be her way out but when her father takes a new coaching job and her ex-boyfriend gets a scholarship there, football seems to be following her everywhere. So when she meets Carson McClain – someone she has an instant connection to – she’s devastated when she finds out he plays football too but can’t deny the attraction between them.

Carson McClain needs to become Rusk University’s staring line up to get the scholarship he needs to continue school. But when Dallas Cole comes into his life he is determined to not get distracted and more importantly finding out that she’s the new coach’s daughter should turn him away but it doesn’t. No matter what Dallas has Carson’s full attention and soon these two discover what it’s like to have something else to focus on.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a new adult story because I find I have to be in the right mood for a new adult story but Cora Carmack did a great job with All Lined Up. I find myself hoping I can get around to reading All Broke Down sometime soon.

I really enjoyed both Dallas and Carson and the fact that it’s told in a dual narrative is a bonus to. I liked Dallas, I loved that she was head strong and determined. But I think I liked Carson more. What surprised me was he’s not your typical football player. He doesn’t play around with girls. He’s not a player. He’s quiet and dedicated. And most of all he’s honest. He surprised me. I was expecting another bad boy that reforms because of the girl but Carson really isn’t that. He’s already a good guy and that was totally unexpected.

In all, All Lined Up is a good and easy read and one that makes you invest in the characters. I can’t wait to read more from Cora Carmack.
The moment I heard All Lined Up being compared to Friday Night Lights, one of my favorite shows of all time, I knew that I would have to read it. I've been wanting to read more New Adult literature for a while now, but I've had a hard time deciding from where to start. I do not mind the sexual content, but I don't want it to be too explicit because that usually makes the books unbelievable for me. I also don't want to read about abusive relationships, especially when the female characters are willing to forgive the abuse for the guy that they "love". I had read one Cora Carmack book before (Losing It) and quite enjoyed it, so I felt safe going to this one.

Let me just begin by saying that All Lined Up will most likely reach my top 10 books read in 2014 list, it was that good. It is not only romance, but also a story about a girl learning to love herself the way she is. It is also a story about a fragile, difficult relationships between a daughter and a father who are often too much alike for their own good.

Dallas is an aspiring dancer whose dreams of dancing in a good school have been put on hold by her football coach father who does not think she is old enough to be on her own. Dallas's father has raised her alone and it is very clear that deep down, he is not ready to let her go. The relationship between them is difficult, but it is also loving, and it is clear that whatever decisions Coach Cole makes, they are made for the best of her daughter.

Dallas has grown up with football always being part of her life. Her father has a passion for fixing teams, meaning that they would move to towns with up and coming football teams, coach Cole would coach the team to the top and then look for the next team that needs help. This means that Dallas has moved around Texas for her whole life, often feeling like a second best to his father's passion for the sport.

When Dallas's father is appointed to the position of the head coach at Rusk University, Dallas applies for the dance program at the school. The program feels like a joke to her and despite her dream of getting rid of football after high school, it becomes clear to her pretty much from the start of the freshman year that there is no escaping football, not in Texas and especially not as the coach's daughter.

Carson has just transferred to Rusk, only to get the place of the second QB of the team. He is determined to train harder than anyone else, give 110% to football and avoid all distractions just to get a scholarship and be able to stay in Rusk. Then he meets Dallas, a girl that takes his breath away with her honesty and he instantly knows that he has just met the most gorgeous and deadly distraction known to man.

When Dallas realizes that Carson is in the team and Carson realizes that Dallas is the coach's daughter, they understand that their budding relationship could be bad for both of them. They try to stay away from each other, but without success. For the first time in years, Dallas feels like she can be herself with someone. She feels like someone gets her passion for dancing, her need to express her feelings through her body. Carson does not feel himself with the guys of the team who are mostly douches, and he fast realizes that Dallas is pretty much his only friend at Rusk.

Dallas is passionate and honest, but also torn apart by things that have happened to her before. As mentioned, her relationship with her father is problematic, she has no idea what she is doing with her life because she has been forced to put her dreams on hold, and she is constantly jealous of the freedom and spontaneity of her best friend Stella. What makes Dallas so likable is the fact that she is so real. She is not flawless, she makes mistakes and wrong decisions, but she learns from those and the relationship she has with Carson clearly brings out the best of her. She does not need Carson to be better, but she wants him to be around because he makes her happy.

Carson is not sure whether football will be his future, but he knows that he needs the place in the team in order to get the scholarship and an education of some kind. He is not from a rich family, and he knows that he must work for the things that he wants. When he meets Dallas, he knows that he is willing to work to gain her love. Carson is so charming and nice and honest and he definitely sounds like the guy I would completely fall in love with. The chemistry between him and Dallas is amazing and though the scenes between Carson and Dallas are extremely romantic, they are not cliche.

Those of you who have read my blog for a while probably know that I am a massive ice-hockey fan. Like football for Dallas in Texas, ice-hockey was something for me in Finland that was difficult to avoid. Fortunately, I fell in love with the sport and I can't get enough of it. The way Carmack describes the atmosphere of the games was something that I was able to connect with - even though he game described is different, the feeling is the same. Reading those game scenes made me think of hockey and yearn for some of the wonderful hockey memories I have. Though you don't have to be a sports fan to like this book, I really appreciated the fact that Carmack has made the book extra special for those who are sports fans.

Carmack has such a talent for creating likable characters, intriguing story lines and perfect romance. Her pacing is perfect and her writing is simply beautiful. I wholeheartedly recommend this book for everyone, especially for those who, like me, want to get into the new adult genre, but who don't know from where to start. I also want to mention that Cora Carmack sounds like such a sweetheart. I tweeted about the book and she tweeted back to me several times, thanking me for my praise. I know not all authors are able to do this, but I always appreciate it when authors answer to your questions etc.
on 25 May 2014
*I received a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.*

“In Texas, two things are cherished above all else – football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.”

Being the daughter of a coach means that football has always been a big part of Dallas Cole’s life, and not always in a good way. She has a difficult relationship with her father she has always felt second best to football with him. The players feared her or use her to get closer to her dad, and after her ex turned out to be an ass, as a result, she has vowed to stay away from football players, and certainly never date one again.

“I will never be the person who cares more, because that person is always the one that gets hurt more”

That is until she meets Carson McClain quarterback who has just transferred to Rush University who has his own issues. Both have their reason for not being together, but the attraction they feel for each other means that this is not as easy to do even with the risks involved.

‘I need to stay focused on football, of how it's the only chance I stand of a decent future’

I enjoyed the storyline told from dual point of view. It was sweet, sexy and funny. As it was lower on the drama than I expected, and relatively angst free it meant it was an easy read. Love the football aspect of the story, and for me being English, American football is not something that I know much about, however, Cora wrote in a way that I felt that I was able to understand it and as if watching from the sideline.

I really like Dallas she had a love for dancing, and could be funny, sarcastic, and say what she was thinking, but at the same time she was guarded with her heart, and could be shy, and nervous, which I could understand as she was fighting to get some independence from her father, and his overprotective ways.

Carson was a sweetheart. He was all about football, didn’t think he had room for anything else until he meets Dallas. Loved the way he felt about Dallas. They had great chemistry together you could see it from the first time they meet. They were good together, and I like the way their friendship/ relationship developed slowly and I was rooting for them all the way.

“I can’t walk away from you because I don’t’ want to. There are a thousands things I want and need to do, but you trump all of them. You drive me to distraction, and all I want to do is get lost in you. All I want to do is make you lose it, too."

“I want to dive into him headfirst, submerge myself in the way he makes me feel, and not come up for air until I have no other choice”

I loved Dallas’s best friend Stella such a great and interesting character, and a great friend. I really like their relationship they were total opposite, but she brings out Dallas of her comfort zone. Then there was Ryan I like him too. I must admit I was a little disappointed to discover the next book will not be about Stella and Ryan as I have high hopes for those two. I think they could be good together,

Even thought I liked the ending, as it cliffhanger free, I wish the epilogue had of been years later, and not just months, as I would have like read a bit more about Dallas and Carson, so I’m hoping that as the is the first in the Rush University series we will see more on them in future books, and, therefore, with that in mind I’m looking forward to reading the next book ‘ALL Broke Down’ which will be Silas’s story even thought I wasn’t a fan of his I have a feeling that Cora is going to make me change my mind about him.

Overall I enjoy this book, it’s not full of hot steamy sex filled scenes, but I didn’t mind, as it was definitely fun, cute, sweet, and flirty. I like Cora’s writing style as she always has a way of drawing me in with such likeable characters. All Lined up has a different feel from the Losing It series, and for me in a good way. If you are a fan of Cora and her books, then I recommend you give this one a try. And don’t forget to the read the ‘Behind the Book’ part at the end of the book where Cora writes about what the book means to her, and how it has effected her since and whilst writing it. It was touching to read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I gave All Lined Up 3.5 Stars.

I was a big fan of Cora's début New Adult novel, Losing It and it had been a while since I had read any of her books. The theme of American Football piqued my interest and I had to try All Lined Up.

Dallas thought starting college would be the fresh start she craved, but that idea was ruined the moment her dad accepted the football coach position at the same university. Dallas craved to be known as more than the coach’s daughter and she wanted the freedom to choose dance liked she had dreamed of, but her overbearing father quickly put a stop to all those dreams. Dallas wants to be reckless and let go for a change and she finds that with hottie Carson but her excitement takes a nosedive when she discovers Carson is no different, he of course is a football player just like the rest of them.

I liked Dallas’ character, I felt she was portrayed realistically and I liked the fact she respected herself and wanted to wait before going further with Carson, this allowed their relationship to deepen and they shared a lot of really tender moments.

“No one in my entire life has ever told me I have a big heart.”
I touch the hand she has braced on her knee, just for a few seconds, and say,
“Then no one in your entire life has been paying much attention.”

“He’s slow, waiting for me to say no, I think. But no matter how many pieces of me want to say no, there are far more begging me to say yes.”

“I want you, Dallas. I have since the moment I met you. And when you’re actually ready, I won’t waste one moment before I take you to bed. But you’re more than this. We’re more than this.”

Dallas’ relationship was strained with her father at best. He struggled to bring her up single-handed and she felt football always came first. I did expect more drama with her father and I assumed the climax of the story would have centred around that element, I was expecting more from that dynamic but with that being said, their relationship did grow and it was nice to see them reach a mutual understanding in the end.

Carson McClain was a jock with a heart of Gold. He worked hard for his place on the football team, nothing was handed to him easily and it made him a better person for it. He couldn’t afford a distraction in the form of red headed Dallas but their connection was undeniable and Carson tried his best to stay away when he learned she was also his coach’s daughter, but the heart wants what the heart wants and soon a sweet, loving relationship had blossomed. Carson was simply sweet. He cared a lot for Dallas and he always put her needs before his own.

“What could you possibly have to be sorry about?”
“I made you feel that . . . that ache.”
She smiles. “Only because I was stubborn enough to think I couldn’t have you.”
“You have me. Completely.”

I think my favourite moment between them was the slip up during the phone conversation near the end. I loved that it was Carson putting his heart on the line, instead of the girl for a change.

All Lined Up was a softer read than what I was expecting, the storyline had the potential to be packed full of drama and angst but instead it just moseyed along nicely. Now don't get me wrong, that's not necessarily a bad thing, this book was an easy read and one that I devoured quickly. I was compelled to finish it but I think that was due to the fact I was chasing the drama, I was convinced I was on the precipice of something monumental happening. When I did reach the end, I wasn’t deflated, I was just left rather un-feeling. Dallas and Carson’s story felt unfinished, even though it was wrapped up, I just felt we could have had more from their future. I didn’t feel one way or another for them, their story just felt nice and easy and I was looking for more.

Cora’s writing is easy to read, there is less humour than Losing It but it was an undercurrent in the background and worked well. Cora also did a great job of creating the sexual chemistry beween them. It was clear Dallas wasn’t ready to take her relationship to the next level but we didn’t miss out on their need and want for each other, it continued to build as the story progressed. Carson and Dallas’ relationship was so sweet and there were many beautiful passages that I loved.

“Carson McClain, you scare me like nothing has ever scared me before. You drive me crazy and make me laugh and push my buttons on purpose. You make me feel safe and smart and pretty. Sometimes I think I might actually melt when you wrap your arms around me, and right now I feel a little bit like I might die if you don’t kiss me.”

“You’re the only thing that makes me feel better when I’m tired or frustrated. You’re the thing that quiets all my worries and doubts and fears. You’re it for me. So run if you’d like, but I’ll follow."

All Lined up is a good story for people new to the new adult genre; it will ease you in gently. It is an easy read with likeable characters and a drama free plot. And for die hard Cora fans, it will be a definite 1-click. ~Ava

*I received a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.*
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Cora Carmack has done it again. Yet another one of her books kept me up until about 2am because I didn't want to stop reading. But I have to say, All Lined Up has been my favourite of Cora's books so far. I adored every single book in her Losing It trilogy, but All Lined Up has completely smashed them out of the water because it was so perfect and amazing.

Dallas is the Coach's daughter, but sick of only being recognized as 'the coach's daughter'. She loves dancing but her father basically doesn't take an interest in her. He spends all of his time invested in his coaching and treats Dallas like a child. She hates that she isn't recognized as her own person and that her dad doesn't have time for her anymore. Carson is second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He's determined to work hard to get a football scholarship as it's the only way he can follow his dream. Carson has always wanted to play football and he's determined to work his ass of to show how much he wants it. Carson and Dallas meet at a party and their lives change the moment they meet.

Dallas was such a feisty, determined and passionate character. She was also harboring a lot of anger towards her father because she felt like he put her in second place and loved football more than her. She's also angry that her father doesn't see her dancing as a proper career and she just wants to finally have a proper relationship with her father again. She's also struggling to deal with what happened with her ex Levi and it's hard to deal with what happened when he's the start football player at her college.

Carson was such a determined, sweet, charming and motivated character. He's so driven and knows exactly what he has to do to get where he wants to me. But he's so stressed. He pushes and pushes himself and he doesn't allow himself to unwind and relax.

Both Carson and Dallas were set in their ways until they came into each others lives. From the moment these characters met, they had an impact on each others lives and started to change them. They had immediate, intense chemistry and it practically sizzled off the page.

Oh, holy hell was the romance steamy. Within minutes of them meeting they were making out behind a tree and it was a pretty hot make-out session. The chemistry between the two of them was unbelievable. Both of them had a lot of issues to work around and figure out - some which they could overcome together, others they had to work out for themselves - but their scenes together were always intense.

The ending was kind of just... perfect. It definitely gave me hope for Dallas and her dad. Also, that scene between Dallas and Carson? *fans self* It was a perfect way to end the book. It left me with a massive grin on my face.

Overall I thought it was Cora's best book yet! Also, Dallas & Carson are my favourite couple yet! I'm super excited for All Broke Down because I'm looking forward to learning more about Silas - he doesn't seem like he's the total ass he came across as at the start of ALU. Definitely recommend this one!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Why didn’t I buy this sooner?! Cora Carmack’s Losing It series was super good, I loved all of her characters and the humour in the books, so I think I was a bit nervous about not liking her new books. I shouldn’t have let that stop me because All Lined Up met all of my hopes and expectations – and then flew past them!

The only slightly negative part of this review is that at first it seemed like the way Dallas was portrayed when reading from her POV was really different to how Carson perceived her, but that feeling went away after two chapters. Speaking of the dual POV, it worked really well in this book :) .

Dallas and Carson’s relationship was amazing to read about and the way Ms. Cormack developed the relationship and characters made this book shine! There is chemistry from the start between our two characters but that isn’t the basis for their relationship. Neither Dallas nor Carson are in the right place for a relationship and they know this! There isn’t any attempt at having a fling or one-night-stand just because they don’t want to be serious and I’m thankful for this. Instead, a wonderful friendship bloomed.

Dallas and Carson really take the time the get to know one another and they talked. They confided in each other and were pretty much always honest, even when it was easier to lie. Their connection and honesty was beautiful and is my favourite part of the book.

Some of you might be thinking, “but waht about the swoons?!”. Trust me, All Lined Up is definitely not lacking in that department ;) . All I can say is if I saw Carson McClain in the street I’d probably swoon to death. Is that a phrase? It should be. Guys, this boy is HOTT. And sweet. And funny. And not at all arrogant. And – well, you get the idea. He’s a solid book boyfriend.

Anyone who likes New Adult romance will LOVE All Lined Up and the sequel is high on my TBR list!

4.5 stars
on 25 May 2014
Hmmm... Well. I should probably start by saying that, for me, this is THE BEST Cora Carmack novel I've read yet, and I've read them all.

This book is just beautiful. It's different from most of the college based NA that I've read.
There is no over the top drama.
No man-whorish bad boy trying to sweep the only girl not to drop their pants to him off her feet.
Instead there is Carson who is a really nice guy, he is serious about doing the best he can do in college and working his ass off to get where he want/needs to be in the football team. He respects women and he is unbelievably sweet, sexy and lickable!

Dallas is a character with daddy issues, who has been burned by her ex but she isn't an angry shrew. She's reserved and slow to trust but she is likeable and it's nice watching her confidence grow along with her courage as she stands up for herself and pursues what she wants in life.

All the characters are great, they are well written and they are real. These are people that you could know. They are the people you went to school with, to Uni with. There is no OTT insanity or far-flung tales. Just life.

The story moves at a nice pace. Dallas and Carson meet early in the book and the chemistry is instant but there is no insta-love. The romance builds and builds and is unbearably sweet at times. Something real emerges and it's the kind of love you could see actually lasting in the real world...

The romance is really kinda PG which is also a break from the norm in NA but it works. It makes this a really good transition book for those who are just moving away from YA and high school themselves and moving into something more while at the same time providing a fantastically engaging story, written with Cora's trademark humour, that will hold the attention of NA virgins, NA veterans and junkies alike.
on 4 June 2014
Actual rating 3.5

I haven't read a lot of football based books, but I always go into a book with an open mind. This book was a nice change from the books I've read lately for several reasons, and it ended up being a good read.

Dallas starts college hoping for a fresh start, with no preconceptions about her. Unfortunately that isn't what she gets when her father takes a job at the same college. She still hopes to somehow slip under the radar. But again, that doesn't happen.

Carson just wants to play football, it is all he has wanted to do for as long as he can remember. But he has to give it his all, allow no distractions if he wants to achieve his goal. He doesn't count on meeting Dallas, and all his carefully laid plans begin to fall apart.

The relationships in this book are, I feel, what makes it. Not only the obvious one between Dallas and Carson, but also between Dallas and her father. What makes this book like a breath of fresh air for me is that the romantic relationship which builds between Dallas and Carson is just that, a romantic one. The physical side of it doesn't come into it at all until right at the end. I feel that by doing this the author has written a story which sits well with me as it is based on young adults taking it slowly. Hats off to her for not rushing into something which would, for me at least, have changed the tone of the story totally.

All in all a good read and I will definitely be checking out future books in this series.