Customer reviews

on 21 May 2017
Lovely book the kids love looking through it either with me or on their own.
on 16 August 2017
Lovely book that explains the diversity of people in a very child friendly way.
on 13 August 2015
good
on 17 July 2009
This is currently my son's favourite book..!!
Although he cannot read yet, we have read this together so much that he knows it off by heart..
Its a gorgeous book that covers many 'differences' from height to skin colour to body size, and it has fold out pages that make it very interesting for kids.
My son loves to talk about people being different and likes to associate each picture in the book with someone in his life.
Enjoy..!!
on 12 March 2010
This book is wonderful - and appealing to a wide age range: from 2 year olds to 6 year olds. It's a great way of introducing notions of diversity and difference in a positive way. Thoroughly recommend.
on 9 April 2011
Simple yet interesting to my 3 year old son, he loves opening the flaps and the illustrations are great. He especially likes the everybody are different colours page as it helped him to understand why a new child in his pre-school class was a different race to himself. I wish it would have said more about disabilities (even though on one picture there is a girl in a wheelchair playing an instrument) and then the book would have been perfect.
on 5 July 2001
As an early year's teacher I have used this book countless times when following a topic of "All about me" It has bold, colourful and attractive illustrations with simple text making it accessible and interesting to a huge range of children. I have found it to be a perfect, unpatronising format for celebrating our similarities and differences and for using as a springboard for further discussion. Older children have also been motivated to create their own versions! Even now I work with children with special needs, I still find it invaluable although my copy is becoming a little too loved and I now have two children of my own so need a couple of new copies!Please enjoy it and encourage your children to be more tolerant of others not too much like them. And wait for the nice surprise at the end - all children should love themselves and therefore will all love it!
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2012
Perfect for showing the differences between us and stating that they really do not matter!!! A wonderful book really enjoyed in my home with lots of pully outty, flappy and foldy bits!!Great delivery time!
on 23 May 2011
I got this for my childminding setting and my kids love it. The images are nicely illustrated and its at a good level for my setting aged 2-4 yrs.
on 25 November 2014
I loved this book as a child, and I now read it to my 3 yr old who also loves it. It teaches a wonderful lesson of diversity and equality which is very important. Recognizing differences between people and understanding that diversity is what makes us all special is a great thing to be able to teach your child in such an indirect and fun way. The flap book style makes this a fun read. Would definitely recommend- good morals are just as important as learning colours and numbers. 5*