Customer reviews

Format: Audio Cassette|Change

on 7 January 2015
Nice book
on 6 September 2001
This mini treasure always goes on holiday with us. The illustrations are, as usual, superb, full of fascinating detail, and there is just enough text on each page to keep kids interested before turning over. My two (aged 6 and 2) love this book.
on 31 October 2007
This is incredibly catchy. I haven't read it for a few weeks and can still remember most of it. My little boy remembers most of it too and enjoyed it from when he was not quite 3 years old. Even when they've only heard part of it they can latch onto the repeated chorus "we all join in". Any book that ends "and when Ferdinand decides to make a chocolate fudge banana cake, what do we do for goodness sake? We all join in!!!" does it for me. It's cheap, it's tiny, and it's a great quickie when the little ones are begging for another story. The illustrations are quirky and lacking in the usual shmaltz that is apparently compulsory for most children's books.
on 18 October 2002
If you never buy another kids tape for the car then make this the last one. This tape is fantastic. Richard Briers narration is superb and brings Mrs Armitage, noisy cats and pots and pans into larger than life characters!! Before side one ends, you will be tapping your feet, nodding your head and shaking your body to the infectious music, and that is just you never mind the kids. In our car we are used to stares from fellow drivers and passer bys every time we play the tape. And no matter how many times we play it we just never tire of it. Quentin Blake and Richard Briars, the Wilson family salute you.
on 11 December 2015
Very amusing. Thanks.
on 22 May 2003
Very gratifying and satisfying, lots of opportunities to make a terrific interactive din while you read to your toddler . . .in fact let's all join in!
on 15 October 2010
My first grandchildren enjoyed this book many years ago and I am now introducing it to our latest grandchildren- twins. It is a book which fully involves them in the stories even from an early age.
on 11 January 2013
This has to be one of Quentin Blakes best stories ever!!!!! The funniest part was when grandma fainted and all the children joined in. It was beautifully illustrated and the chocolate cake looked delicious. I couldn't put the book down and it was a real page turner. I even read the book to my younger brother and he giggled and laughed the whole way through. Quentin Blake you should be very proud of yourself. This book really grabbed my attention. I know lots of other children like me really enjoy your books. Do you think the little boy will eat all the chocolate cake?
on 28 October 2010
Another book I originally bought for my children and now for my grand-daughter. Lots of fun for ALL ages!!
on 29 January 2012
Really brilliant book, my 1 yearold loves it and any books that get children into reading are special. There are several poems on a theme of joining in and being noisy but can be read separately or as a whole. We will read and enjoy this book for a very long time i am sure and other quentin blake books too!