Customer reviews

Alien [DVD] [1979]
Format: DVD|Change

on 14 September 2017
I've heard about the Aliens series and how it been widely talked after the 80s. I thought that this movie was 'Aliens' and not the precursor to Aliens, so I ended up buying this accidentally and I'm thankful I thought it because it made more sense when I went to purchase the sequel to this movie or direct closely tied spin-off, Aliens, whatever anyone wants the follow up.

Movie wise, it is a good movie and the characters are well done. Good production and the story is told very very well. The movie is rather dated but it's nice to see how back towards the 1970s, how they've created and put together those science fiction movies together with the ideas present at the time. Another one of those movies.
on 26 January 2015
Many people have seen this movie and if you have not- you should watch it. not just watch it, also own the DVD and you wont regret it. Its one of top movies of all the time. Even with modern technology we have today, many sci fi movies nowadays cant beat this film.

Ive lost the count how many time ive watch this film but I watched it again recently and it reminded me why i was right to order for this DVD so its worth the every penny.

No problem with the delivery.
on 5 October 2017
One of my favorite Ridley Scott directed films and a Sci-Fi Horror classic that really was ahead of its time. In this post 2000 remastered edition of the film it is as fresh and chilling as I'm sure it was in 1979 all be it a little retro adding to its appeal. You may need to ramp up the volume for full immersion as the soundtrack is a somewhat quiet but remains good quality so I can't knock it.
on 26 February 2016
Stands the test of time. Superb, classic, and highly enjoyable. I never tire of watching this and it is a rare thing to have so many great performances from a cast that renders it difficult to pick out a favourite. The mother of sci-fi terror.
on 24 November 2016
The film is darkly atmospheric with a truly terrifying monster that stands the test of time far better than Jaws.

A crew being picked off one-by-one is not new. The film manages to combine the predictable with the unexpected.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 September 2015
Just re-watched the whole Alin/Promethus/AVP series. Great version of a classic film, the young Sigournrey is brilliant and I love the slow pacing and tense build up, even if its just starting to look/feel very slightly dated.
on 18 September 2017
everyone's favorite terror Sci-fi so I had to get it; it replaces my v. old video tape version & is SO much easier to handle
on 6 October 2017
the very best of the alien quad franchise.Still repeat enjoyment even after 38 years!
on 3 February 2017
Classic film , great item , a nice tribute to JohnHurt ,sadly missed R.I.P , many thanks
on 16 March 2015
Still my go-to film for suspense. The alien spends most of the film in the shadows and in our imaginations, which makes it that much more menacing. Makes any other sci-fi released around the same time look amateurish by comparison.