on 25 February 2016
The second book in the series is better than the first. It is a little longer and the story is still excellent. However, it suffers from the same stylistic problems as the first book - namely that the writing is very basic. It lacks description and the characters are completely two-dimensional. However, I must stress, it is a good read. It moves quickly and the story is very exciting. So, if you can cope with the YA-ish style of the book, it's well worth a read.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2016
I have read this series through on more than one occasion and have loved every page whilst doing so. The author really manages to grip the audience with the various twists and turns and unfortunately for me it felt like I could not put the book down. There are a grammatical errors, but I for one do not care. 5 Stars.
on 19 November 2013
I have read the next few books and this is well and can recommend to all those who like a bit of escapist sci fi. Nice plot get the rest of the series. I am waiting for more
on 22 August 2017
Engaging story, narrative sometimes a little naive and characters clicheed - the space battles are worth reading.
on 29 August 2013
Loved this book can't wait for the next one keep them coming
This is the first book by Raymond that I have read and won't be the last
on 8 June 2014
I gave it 3 stars because it was an easy read, coherent and was fun all together. Cut a star because it borrowed a little bit from various space operas and in particular quite a big chunk from Battlestar Galactica. Cut another star when I actually had to do research to find out the sequence of books in the series.

This is a good by-the-beach read, nothing more. I often return and re-read my favourite sci-fi a few years later. I doubt I will do this series though. But having said that I just bought the next Book. I would like to support the writer and need another beachside book soon!

p.s. huge confusion in amazon as to what is book #1 and book #2 of the series. My kindle displays "the slaver wars: alien contact (the slaver wars book1)" which is confusing if you look to amzon for a book #2. Come on! A reader shouldn't have to do research for such a simple thing. Anyway I did and here's from the author's own website:

The Slaver War series should be read in the following order.

Moon Wreck: First Contact
Moon Wreck: Revelations
Moon Wreck: Secrets of Ceres
The Slaver Wars: Alien Contact (This book can be read either before or after the three Moon Wreck stories listed above.)
Moon Wreck: Contains all of the short stories.
Moon Wreck: Fleet Academy
The Slaver Wars: First Strike
The Slaver Wars: Retaliation.
The Slaver Wars: Galactic Conflict. (Will be out May of 2014)
The Slaver Wars: Endgame! (Will be out October 2014)
on 4 May 2017
This feels like a self-published ebook. The text is mainly reported with occasional dialogue.
The female characters descriptions focus on their figures and hair and eye colour. None of the characters show a sense of who they are as people.
I have to admit that I didn't finish this book (unusual for me) but having suffered through the previous book in the series, I wasn't willing to waste any more time with this author.
It is better than Moonwreck so I gave it an extra star.
I'm giving up on this author.
on 9 June 2013
Not very good at reviews
But here goes loved it from the start could not put it down I had
To get to the part, to find out how the Federation and earth humans where related, that was the driving force behind it
And I was not disappointed, to find out it was the race that made the AI`s.
on 7 May 2013
Towards the end things got a little predictable, but overall great start to the slaver wars series looking forward to the next one.
on 27 June 2013
great fast paced,no techno babble hard to put down a easy read ,looking forward to next book,can not come to soon