on 15 August 2017
Utterly charming. A book I've long been curious about. The only film that did it justice was the animated Disney one. Other attempts were simply trying too hard. The end was no surprise, but very thoughtful at the same time.
on 10 October 2009
Usual quality Seibold pop-up. Wacky illustrations, fabulous pop-ups and clever pully-tabs that my nearly-5 yr old adores. An abridged version of the full Alice, so it helps know the full story before purchase, especially cos the text is all over the place, parts of it hidden behind flaps. My only gripe is that the font is extremely difficult to read, although a separate sheet is provided in an easier to read font for those that really struggle; it does get easier the more you read it.
I'd recommend this book to those who want a "special" version of Alice, and if buying it for a youngster, one that is read together with a parent... rougher yougsters could definitely wreck this, although the "build-quality" is very robust.
on 15 February 2016
this is a lovely edition, my whole family is quite taken with it especially as it shows different artwork and styles of illustration for Alice over the last 150 years .
on 24 August 2013
Beautiful book!!!! All these books are just fantastic. I have bought 2 now and I enjoy them as much as my kid! I bought Alice in Wonderland used because Amazon kept me waiting for months for the brand new one I've ordered in the first place(supposed should've taken only a month to be delivered) I was a bit sceptical but because the description said "like new", I went for it. Sooooo happy I did it! The book is in perfect condition and arrived in a week. Very good service HopeBookStore! I will definetily buy from you again!
on 14 June 2017
I found it a bit confusing as there were tricky words towards the end. Otherwise it was amazing. Would recommend this book to people with good vocabulary.
on 7 August 2017
I knew this was second hand but some of the pages were quite creased. An iron sorted that out though and I gave this to my grand-daughter to read as a prize at our Mad Hatters Tea Party.
on 2 May 2014
Appalling: the illustrations were too dark and some were totally blacked out; the pages were very badly cut. I was given a refund and went to my local bookshop where I had excellent service and a beautiful edition ordered for me at very little extra cost.
I have only given a star because it seemed impossible to give none.
on 6 October 2006
I am a real fan of Robert Sabuda's minimalist white sculptures illustrating well-known Christmas verses. However, I did not like this interpretation of a classic children's story. I bought it out of curiosity, wondering how on earth he could deal with an entire novel. It is so heavily abridged as to be unrecognisable for the subtlty and beauty of Carroll's original. How can you have Alice in Wonderland in 12 pages with only a few lines of text on each page?

In contrast to Sabuda's real masterpieces, the pages of this story were cluttered and inelegant. I'm still impressed by his paper sculptures but I wouldn't recommend this book for "Alice" fans or for those who want to see Sabuda at his best.
on 18 January 2016
These books are seriously beautiful. I bought this one as a gift but it's so pretty I think I'll start my own collection! It's a nice heavy book with great binding and a beautiful cover with beautiful colours. They make perfect gifts and I'm very happy I bought it
on 22 July 2017
The book in itself is lovely, I had been wanting to add it to my collection since it came out.
However I am more an more disenchanted with Amazon's service with each order.
The envelope was to tight and rough around the book which resulted in the beautiful cover print to be completely rubbed off all along the edges of the book. It really is outrageous to pay full price for a NEW book that is a collectible piece, and receive something so disappointing.