on 20 January 2016
Alfred Hitchcock is the best box-set I have in my collection.

I am not going to bore you about the films or the picture or sound issues, there are better reviews on amazon that can tell you better than me. I would just like to show you some photos of the box-set in hand. And trust me its stunning.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 January 2018
This collection of Hitchcock films has been anthologised before on DVD. The Blu-Ray packaging is very nice indeed. The discs are housed inside individual folders covered in each film's artwork. The folders are attached to a larger book-style insert. Pretty solid and very pretty to look at. The other attraction is the price - right now this fantastic set of 14 films is priced at £27.00, which qualifies it for free postage. It's well worth getting as a backup to the DVD version. If you haven't got any Hitchcock in your collection then this would be a great place to start. I'd also suggest ordering another 3 disc Blu Ray collection containing "Dial M For Murder", "North By Northwest" and "Strangers on a Train." Sadly, other Hitchcock classics have to be tracked down individually on Blu Ray. For the most part, the picture quality is first rate although "Family Plot", as with many films from the 70s, hasn't transferred as well to Blu Ray. But the others look stunning - "Rear Window" is particularly good. Each film is well supplemented with extras. A great purchase for cinema lovers or a great gift.
on 10 January 2018
Collected together and restored in one neat box-book with a fold-out pocket each are fourteen of Hitch's best films, with all the extras etc listed on the Az page.

Some of my all time favourite Hitchcock films are in here, including Rear Window, Vertigo, Marnie, Torn Curtain and Family Plot. The fourteen films only take up as much shelf space as three normal Blu-ray cases.

The only significant (for me) three missing are available on Blu-ray in the Alfred Hitchcock Collection.
on 14 July 2017
Haven't had a chance to watch all of them. Seen psycho. Boxset is set out really nicely. Don't be fooled by the back of the boxset tho The booklet isn't a separate item but incorporated into the cds as a sort of case. Still a lovely boxset nevertheless and would get if your a fan of Hitchcocks work and have a blu ray player.
on 20 January 2018
look forward to watching the box set, packaging and artwork is simply divine and stunning to look at... a small paragraph of each movie along with original vintage movie artwork and quotes from the films and a nice little outro quote from the man himself... the visionary of old era Hollywood horror and psychological-suspense the man who brought us the infamous psychopathic Norman Bates !!!! Mr Alfred hitchcock
on 3 April 2017
WOW ALL THESE GREAT MOVIES IN ONE COLLECTION AND ALL FOR UNDER 25 QUID.
THERE ARE EXTRA FEATURES ON SOME DISCS TOO. REALLY PLEASED WITH THIS COLLECTION GREAT. FULL STARS!!
on 27 December 2016
My favourite Hitchcock films are Rope and Notorious.. Well at least one is here. This is a great collection from a true genius. And the price is the best thing of all. I think I will put it on my shelf for a few days just to look at it before opening. Amazon is great as usual, great service and patience. Definitely will buy again.
on 28 August 2016
Omg!! Love this box set, I had been wanting it for ages and finally bought it when it was at a lower price and I'm so glad I did!! I haven't finished watching all the films but I am more than half way through! Love Alfred's films and I love James Stewart as an actor. The Blu Rays themselves come in a lovely box perfect for any Alfred Hitchcock fans.
on 3 November 2016
At it's current lower price, this Masterpiece Collection is a worthwhile upgrade from the DVD box set. Aspect ratios have been corrected, the Paramount openings have been restored to their films, quality is generally much better and it comes in very nice packaging.
on 3 January 2018
Really nice collector’s piece - best quality versions of the films that I’ve ever seen.

For instance (as one would hope), Rear Window on Blu Ray is much nicer here than on Netflix.