Customer reviews

A di Alessi Cico Eggcup, Pink (ASG23 P)
Colour: Pink|Change

on 5 February 2007
Got two of these little blue men recently both coming free with purchases over £20.00 (I think)

They come in a range of colours so there is a colour suited to most peoples kitchens I would think.

Really are quite good, especially as the hats are salt containers, so no more "Where's the salt?"

Brilliant idea that they come with spoons, so that everything is all in one place in the cupboard (no more rushing about to find a little spoon).

They look good on the kitchen table or on a shelf when not being used.

A big hint now they also look good on a breakfast tray!

Only downside though is that they are not dishwasher proof. (My dishwasher doesn't seem to like egg on metal spoons anyway, so I usually end up handwashing them anyhow.

A cheap way of starting an Alessi collection, but also a practical item, buy one instead of an Easter Egg, less fattening, but still nice to look at.
22 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 January 2010
I bought this for my 14 year old daughter who loves all things cute to eat her egg from. The egg cup actually stands quite tall and was much bigger than I expected and quite stable. You can put standard ground salt in his hat (just don't put it in the wash bowl like me after)to shake on your egg and the spoon fits into his hand. My daughter loves him. He does get quite messy and has to be hand washed - the instructions said he was NOT dishwasher safe.
on 4 October 2017
I actually have this stood on my speaker in the lounge
on 5 February 2015
Very cool! Not cheap, cheap but I promise you it's worth having little items like this. It brightens up a kitchen, it's quality and it will last you. I've got a pink one on it's way so I've got a his and her's!
on 4 May 2017
Great little egg man
on 19 January 2017
This is just so cute
on 10 November 2016
Fun, good quality product
on 13 June 2012
Not great for kids. The cup is a bit bigfor a medium egg. The salt dispenser hole is too big meaning they empty salt out. Cannot be put in dishwasher. And on mine the hand holding the spoon cracked within 1 week.
on 9 December 2016
Excellent Eggcup from Alessi
on 2 May 2011
I bought this for my mum and she loves it. She says she feels really silly when she has an egg now but she's quite silly so that's OK! Excellent little present for silly people who lead colourful lives.

See one answered question