Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 April 2016
I love the birds coming into my garden... they provide hours of free amusement with their antics - though I do " pay " mine for the enjoyment they provide as I give THEM seed !!!.
This great little book of 120 odd pages is just bursting with useful information - covering all our wonderful British seasons; all types of gardens & from wildlife lawns & meadows ( what a beautiful word, so very evocative of England ) to managing water; from ponds to feeding the birds & putting up nest boxes; composting & including our lovely native wild flowers with their charming names . Even weeds such as stinging nettles are useful to our wildlife friends & they won't take over & ruin the garden if planted carefully.
You don't need a huge garden to make it wildlife friendly & of course you don't need to include everything - but it will make a HUGE difference to our wildlife welfare & populations -this book will help you on the way.
There are even garden plans to be copied if you find designing for wildlife a bit daunting - as of course, we don't all have the skills & knowledge Alan does!. Plus WE have to work to a budget, usually, & these plans will ensure a pleasing & wildlife friendly garden with no costly mistakes !.
This book is really lovely, with so much information on what to plant for our wildlife - a hugely important thing, when our bird, butterfly & bee populations are in decline. HUMANS need bees, particularly & butterflies are said to be the indicators of a good, natural environment .
And it's all SO easy to do - you can buy balls of seed, wild flower plug plants & even pre seeded Gromats, which will develop into the species of plants our wildlife needs - no messing about with seeds in trays, propagators & the like.
on 2 May 2017
Nice helpful book. Full of useful information.
on 29 August 2017
Informative and easy to read. Love the way he relates to you and informs in an easy understandable fashion. A book you can dip in and out of.
on 26 April 2017
Very handy, all I need to know in a good size book.
on 26 May 2014
Great book very informative lots of useful pictures and illustrations provide.great ideas for encouraging wildlife into your garden exactly what I was looking for and it arrived really quickly and well packaged - thanks!
on 21 May 2013
Well laid out book with easy to follow tips from our best loved gardener! Beautiful photographs. Even I, a reluctant gardener, am inspired to get out there!
on 17 March 2014
good value for money I actually bought the wrong book but still glad to have got this one it has very helpful tips
on 8 August 2015
Certainly a book to dip into. It's well organised and will prove really helpful if you want ideas for a garden for wildlife as iyou can adapt ideas for all sizes of gardens. I like the fact that Alan covers all areas in the garden whether it is wet or dry, sunny or in shade and layout suggestions will provide ideas so I am pleased I bought it.
on 22 July 2015
Trustable Mr Titchmarsh. You can't go wrong with this book if you are new to gardening and even if you have already dabbled. There are still tips to help obtain a graet garden.
on 10 June 2015
Very pleased with this book,very interesting and helpful information, easy reading with simple idea's, very good read,would recommend to all ages.