Customer reviews

on 11 October 2004
I adore Alan Davies, i adore Jonathan Creek, QI and anything to do with Alan, but his stand up...well that just blew me away. I came to buy this video after seeing, loving and watching so often i bored the pants off everyone with quotes from 'Urban Trauma' - so i thought i deserved to witness a little more of the wonderful wit of this lovely man...i wasnt disappointed.
This video made me laugh so much i cried, one particular section where he talks about a no-smoking flight back from Australia, had me, and all the friends ive inflicted it on with aching sides, and 'agency bloke, agency bloke....barry barry...' is now a by-word in quotable suggestion for all white van men everywhere.
Highly recommended, along with Urban Trauma *fabulous*
3 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2007
After watching Urban Trauma about 3000 times, I decided I needed to see this one, but it's almost impossible to pick up these days, but after rooting though e-bay and carboots I was lucky enough to stumble upon a copy, and I have never laughed so much in my life.

The whole white van man section and "barry barry..." thing is now a catchphrase among myself and friends

If you see this video I highly reccomend you pick it up, even if your not a fan, its worth a lot to those of us who are !
on 5 August 2011
Extremely amusing in a laugh-out-loud way.
Just disappointing that it is not available on DVD yet. Even in South Africa, we hardly still have VHS players! Would love to own it, but not on video.
on 4 January 2002
After many years of owning the audio of Live At The Lyric, I finally persuaded someone to buy me the video for Christmas 2001. All I can say is why oh why didn't I buy it long ago. What have I been missing! Even though I know the sketches inside out, seeing them performed in Alan's own unigue endearing and hilarious style was like experiencing it all brand new again. This video is just as brilliant as 'Urban Trauma'. I havn't enough room to tell you about all of it, nor would I want to ruin it for you, but as the owner of an ever contstant hungry labrador, I found the alsation story hysterically accurate. Also if you remember Starsky and Hutch, the Invisible Man, your time at school and your teenage years you'll be in nostalgic heaven. The fantastic on the floor antics of Alan being dragged into a long haul plane whilst trying to get the last puff out of his cigarette and the sudden awareness of a million flesh eating bed bugs in his bed. These are just a fraction of the things Alan gets up to live on stage at The Lyric. This is a must to buy, and a must to watch again and again.
If you ever have the opportunity please go and see him live-absolutly fantastic. I am a big Alan Davies fan but I'm not biased - honest.
Helen Murray (St Helens)
6 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2012
I remember getting this around my 15th birthday in 1994. (Ignore amazon release date of 1997). Absolute comedy genius. If you think he's funny on QI then you will love this. Shame it hasn't been released on DVD yet. Remember going to see him live shortly after this at a small local arts centre to an unpacked house - max capacity was only about 150. Did most of the same material but was still as funny. My most watched comedy video/dvd ever. I know most of the punchlines.
1 word for anyone whose ever seen it Grafters!
If you still have a video player get this now.
on 6 September 2001
Alan Davies unleashes a young and vibrant comedy lacking in the later Urban Trauma. This video could change your life or not. If you liked Urban Trauma you'll love this
4 people found this helpful